Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Maya 2011] Disable "Student Version File" notification when saving

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
SquaresCubed
8659 Views, 15 Replies

[Maya 2011] Disable "Student Version File" notification when saving

I was wondering if there is some way to disable the "Student Version File" notification when saving a scene in Maya? Its getting very frustrating...

Regards,

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rion205
in reply to: SquaresCubed

I'd also like to know how to stop this popup... I save a lot and the popup severely slows down my workflow.

Message 3 of 16
Kurd

Bump.

I also have this issue and it's very irritating. When copying or saving a file, it pops up. I know I have the student version of Maya already, I don't need to be reminded every time I copy something in my scene or save the file haha.

Message 4 of 16
Kurd
in reply to: Kurd

Bump

Message 5 of 16
Zimtower
in reply to: Kurd

Be thankful it's free. But yea, it should only pop up once during runtime.

Message 6 of 16
Kurd
in reply to: Zimtower

Oh I am very thankful it's free, but it doesn't mean it's not a poorly implemented feature. When you are working on, for example, an animation where you do ~200 save files, it can be a huge slowdown.

Message 7 of 16
Spinland

But it's not free. I paid over $400 for the student license, and this constant popup every time I copy an object or save my file is maddening, WTF? It's pointless, stupid and unnecessary.

Message 8 of 16
SquaresCubed
in reply to: Spinland

"But it's not free. I paid over $400 for the student license, and this constant popup every time I copy an object or save my file is maddening, WTF?"

Exactly!!

Message 9 of 16
nickroth

Agree. Not free. I paid $400 for this. The dialog should pop-up ONCE, when the file is opened, not every single time the file is saved. What on earth is the purpose of this? To slow down work-flow? Because Maya traditionally, you know, CRASHES a lot, most users are constantly hitting the Command-S keys so as not to lose a huge amount of work the next time it goes. Now we have to close that silly "Student Version" dialog every time.

Please fix this in the next service pack or tell us how to disable it.

Message 10 of 16
Kurd
in reply to: nickroth

I have to bump this, this is really interupting my workflow for my projects. The popup interferes with a number of plug-ins / scripts I use and crashes Maya every single time because the plug-ins and scripts save to a temporal file. The scripts I use are tween machine and abxpicker, powerful and essential scripts I need, but can not use due to this annoying pop-up. Can the message only pop once when we open the file, please? This is for both the 2011 and 2012 versions of Maya.

Other Autodesk software packages do not suffer from this, they only show you once when you open them and then let you work freely.

Message 11 of 16

I have to agree that something needs to be done about this. I don't even save the file with ctrl+s, but I do copy things in my scene a lot. It's really ridiculous that every time I do a ctrl+c I get a message about it being a student version of the software. How does that make any sense?

Message 12 of 16

This is so very annoying, I save very often and this seriously kills workflow.. Why not just take out hotkey functionality while you're at it as well. I am closing this box every 2 minutes

Message 13 of 16
scott

Not only is this annoying in general but EVERY TIME THE STUPID PROGRAM DECIDES TO AUTO SAVE IT CRASHES EVEN IF I DO CLICK THE CONTINUE BUTTON.

Autodesk this is insane i have lost SOOOO much work. WTF?  I even upgraded to the 2013 version hoping this was fixed but nope, still happening.  it SUCKS.

Message 14 of 16
koinoyokan
in reply to: scott

I'm on the 2015 version and having this same issue, someone please tell me that the folks at Autodesk have wisened up and there is a way to turn off this god-forsaken pita.

Message 15 of 16
koinoyokan
in reply to: koinoyokan

It seems someone was on to something here... http://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36328

... although he never reported succeeding. Is this really still an unresolved issue?

Message 16 of 16

I have the latest Maya and are having the same problem. 7 years and still no solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report