Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum number of computers permitted license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clvnboy23
180 Views, 2 Replies

maximum number of computers permitted license

How do I go about getting my License key deactivated I have wipe out and reinstall the OS and software in my PC.  Now I am getting You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.

Help Please,

CG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hazlipa
in reply to: clvnboy23

Hello clvnboy23, Welcome to the Community!!!

Typically when moving a license from one computer to another, we recommend using the export utility built into the product, but it sounds like you don't have access to that anymore. Not to worry, we can help you with a manual activation! Please contact our Activation and Registration team to get up and running! They will need your serial number and request code. Here's how to find your request code!

To contact us for a manual activation please follow these steps:

1. Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2. Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3. Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4. Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: hazlipa

A little further with the "why": AutoDesk tracks activations but not deactivations for single-use stand-alone licenses.  They recognize that computers can crash, laptops stolen or misplaced, and so on so you have a couple of try's for automatic activation, after which they require you to contact them.  Once the situation is explained to their satisfaction (and they are quite reasonable - I've done this myself) they'll issue you a new activation.

There is a license transfer utility as mentioned but reliability has been historically lacking; it also requires internet access for both computers.  So I wouldn't recommend it for frequently changing computers.  If for some reason you find yourself doing that its time to start looking at alternatives like a network license.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report