Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 2015 'Driver Loading failure'

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrishill294
12189 Views, 3 Replies

MAX 2015 'Driver Loading failure'

Hello,

I've recently installed 3ds max 2015 as a clean install, but when I run the program I get the error  "Loading of software driver (HeidiDriver.drv) failed. Forcing Null driver mode"

Then once max loads I get another, saying it was unable to copy the file DefaultUI.cuix to MaxBackupUI.cuix

Max 2014 worked relatively well. This install is a clean install, even tried it on a fresh windows install. Any and all help would be fantastic, cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: chrishill294

Message 3 of 4
lucas_sp_cs
in reply to: TravisNave

Well, i have the same error and i try every instruction of this link wich you put in your help, but none of them help me to solve this error, so, i want to share a simple instruction wich for me works:

Autodesk 3Ds max only works correctly if you install the program in the default path in windows: 

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015 

for me, this is the problem, i was installing in another path...

this is it, thanks!!

Message 4 of 4
bangerbishop
in reply to: chrishill294

I had the heidi driver error box when I was loading it twice, when it finally launched all the window ports was blank. Ended unused processes and restarted then it worked fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report