Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 2012 error licensing & can't uninstall

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Totom73
1253 Views, 7 Replies

MAX 2012 error licensing & can't uninstall

Hi,

I just bought Design 2012 and installed it on a Windows vista 64 Business

Can't start it because an error 110 and 20 occured ( licensing issue ) 

As suggested on the forums, I tried to uninstall 3d max but the system tells me that I don't have enough privilege to get rid of the Adlm /ASR files.

I've  been digging the net and tried some tricks I've found ( real administrator account, renaming, cascadeinfo et stop Flexnet services) but it is stilll a no go...

Anymore suggerstions before I throw my machine trough the window ? 

Thanks a lot 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Totom73
in reply to: Totom73

... more infos :

Actually that files  : c:\programdata\autodesk\adlm\asr\ems201200f_tl_adlm.asr deems to be the issue.

Windows can't acces or modify or delete it. I 've try to change the privilige of it, but still, the error occurs.

hope it would helps the community... and me

Message 3 of 8

Can you manually try to rename or delete  this file you mentioned directly in Windows?

c:\programdata\autodesk\adlm\asr\ems201200f_tl_adlm.asr 

Try to restart machine and try again if need.

Sometimes seems Windows cannot access some folder/files due to some unknown issues.

Regards,

Helen

Message 4 of 8

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the tips but I've already tried to modify the permissions trough windows but I still don't have enough privilege even with a administrator account ( the hidden one ).

Besides that other files in the folders (ASR and R4 ) seems to be concerned ... 

😞

Message 5 of 8

It's strange that only that file is not able to connect while others can which are under the same folder...

Can you rename the ASR folder instead? If you can, then try to uninstall Max 2012 after rename that folder.

Regards,

Helen

Message 6 of 8
Totom73
in reply to: Totom73

OK i found a work around !!

I've renamed the ADLM folder, did a "reinstall" trough Max then moved the cascadeinfo and productinf*.pit files to the newer adlm folder.

Now I've activated  Max.. ouf !

Message 7 of 8

Smiley Happy

Glad to hear about this good news from you.

Regards,

Helen

Message 8 of 8

Thanks for your time and help...

It's appreciated to have a partner when the time comes dark.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report