Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
222 Views, 1 Reply

Mac to PC

I just downloaded the AutoCAD for mac student edition. What I was wondering is, I am waiting for my windows computer to arrive, but had to insall AutoCAD on my Mac so I could do my homework and I would like to swap out the Mac version for the 2015 Windows Version. Is this possible, can I just deactivate and uninstall on my mac then reinstall on to my windows compter or what would I need to do? If nobody can help is there anyway you could point me in the right direction.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if you still need a hand with this one, but as AutoCAD and AutoCAD for Mac are seperate products you could actually have both of them installed and activated at the same time.

I've provided more info taken from the Serial number FAQ for students and teachers below:

Can I install the product on more than one computer?
With respect to software downloaded by students, faculty members, competitors or team mentors from the Education Community site, in addition to the terms and conditions, and restrictions set forth in the applicable License Agreement, the following restriction also applies: You shall not install more than one copy of any release version of any Software product obtained on this site on more than one system at a time.

For example, a faculty member has a desktop computer at home and a laptop computer she uses at work. That faculty member cannot install a copy of AutoCAD 2014 on both the desktop and laptop systems simultaneously. She can, however, install AutoCAD 2013 on the desktop system and AutoCAD 2014 on the laptop system simultaneously.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report