Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

kevintmcnally
Message 1 of 4 (532 Views)

LTU: Invalid Serial Number

532 Views, 3 Replies
02-25-2014 01:49 PM

I am trying to transfer a stand-alone license from one office computer to another and the License Transfer Utility keeps coming up with this message: "The serial number you entered is not valid. It either is not an AutoDesk serial number or it has been compromised." Any suggestions for how to solve the issue and transfer the liscense to a new computer?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (524 Views)

Re: LTU: Invalid Serial Number

02-25-2014 02:35 PM in reply to: kevintmcnally
Which program?
Where are you getting the serial number from?
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
kevintmcnally
Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)

02-25-2014 02:38 PM in reply to: pendean

Sorry, it's AutoCAD Architectural 2012. The serial number auto enters when I open the LTU to begin the license transfer

Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 4 of 4 (512 Views)

02-25-2014 03:38 PM in reply to: kevintmcnally

Hello Kevin,

Typically when you receive that type of error that means that the license you are trying to transfer has either been upgraded or returned. I tried looking up your information in our system by your email address but didn't find any serial numbers under your name. I suggest that you contact the Activation and Registration department directly through our Contact Us page to check the status of your license. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.