Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTU: Invalid Serial Number

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevintmcnally
1379 Views, 3 Replies

LTU: Invalid Serial Number

I am trying to transfer a stand-alone license from one office computer to another and the License Transfer Utility keeps coming up with this message: "The serial number you entered is not valid. It either is not an AutoDesk serial number or it has been compromised." Any suggestions for how to solve the issue and transfer the liscense to a new computer?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kevintmcnally

Which program?
Where are you getting the serial number from?
Message 3 of 4
kevintmcnally
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, it's AutoCAD Architectural 2012. The serial number auto enters when I open the LTU to begin the license transfer

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: kevintmcnally

Hello Kevin,

Typically when you receive that type of error that means that the license you are trying to transfer has either been upgraded or returned. I tried looking up your information in our system by your email address but didn't find any serial numbers under your name. I suggest that you contact the Activation and Registration department directly through our Contact Us page to check the status of your license. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report