Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2359 Views, 6 Replies

LTU Error Reference 40

We are trying to move an AutoCAD LT 2012 license to a new PC. The softwre is installed on both PCs. When we run the LTU on the old PC we get a FAILED message and an Error Reference 40.

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry about the error 40. You likely have the software running on too many computers. In this case you will need to contact Registration and Activation here. They will be able to get you up and running.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Im having the same Issue Autocad 2011 it says invalid serial when trying to export the License, I have the phisical copys. I don't know if license has to be EXPORTED in this case.

Also neither of my licences appears linked to my account

Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Has your AutoCAD 2011 been upgraded to another version?  Meaning 2011 is an obsoleted product and if it was upgraded to another version, the serial # for 2011 becomes inactive which doesn't allow you to transfer it to another machine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Nope, I have 4 Boxes, 2 Autocad 2011 2 Autocad Inventors, I don't have anything else, or upgraded, as far as I know, they are in my company.
Sent a Support ticket.
Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

So when you purchased your 2011 version was it on maintenance subscription?  If so is that still active?  If not when did you go off it?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I wasn't in the company when they were bought.
I'll try to figure out our situation with someone of support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report