Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
dbush
1057 Views, 2 Replies

LTU Error 201

I have getting an Error 201 when trying to import a license onto my work computer from home.

Works all the time no problem and was able to export this monring but now not able to import on either machine.

Any help out there?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: dbush

My recommendation would be to ask for a home use activation so that you do not need to use the LTU to transfer your license from home to work.  The LTU is very problematic and depending on your licensing, you may be able to qualify for a 2nd activation for this purpose, per the EULA.

In the mean-time, perhaps Philip.s will be able to assist you shortly.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: TravisNave

My apologies for missing this one yesterday David.

Mirroring what Travis said, and after confirming that your BDS license is on an activate subscription contract, it definitely makes more sense to utilize a Home Use License.

With that being said and as you have a Standalone license, there is no need to formally request a Home Use License. You would simply install and activate the software on your home machine with the same serial number and product key.

If for some reason you receive an activation limit error, please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code, or contact our License Assistance Team directly for additional support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report