Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTU and Network Licenses

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
neil.russell
404 Views, 6 Replies

LTU and Network Licenses

Hi

Within our organization we have a mix of fixed and network licenses that  stems from historic issues.

The scenario is:

I have a network licensed copy of Inventor. We are already at our limit for network licenses. There is a fixed license user on vacation for two weeks.

My thought was - I could use the LTU to transfer the fixed license to my machine for a couple of weeks and then we could transfer it back once the user had returned from vacation.

I have tried this. The transfer went smoothly and the license is now on my machine however when I try to run Inventor I am told there are insufficient licenses available. It is therefore still looking towards the network for a license.

So, how can I change this?

Do I have to re-install which will be a pain?

If I do have to reinstall, will it pick the license up automatically?

I thought this was going to be easy and indeed the transfer was but now Im stuck so any help\advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Neil

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: neil.russell

the license transfer utility doesn't apply to network licenses only to standalone licenses

if your running out of licenses limit the borrowing time or elminate it completely or you may need to buy more licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
neil.russell
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I think Ive confused things.......I have a network license and Im trying to borrow a stand alone license whilst a colleague is on vacation.

Neil

Message 4 of 7
dembkod

neil.russell ,

Theoretically, this would work. BUT, you are installed as a network. You would need to UNINSTALL your inventor network and install again as a standalone, and then transfer to that machine.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: dembkod

if you have a network license you can borrow a license for up to 6 months but this does take the license out of your network license pool

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
neil.russell
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi all

Thanks for all the replies

I've solved it....and to be fair Autodesk already had the solution on their site.

Once you know there is a registry key to change then it all works perfectly. Inventor automatically picks up the stand alone license that has been transferred.

The solution can be found here

Many thanks for all help

Neil

Message 7 of 7
neil.russell

Just to put the record straightt in case that sounded like I came up with the solution I didnt.

It was purely running across the Autodesk page about changing license types in the registry that solved it for me.

Neil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report