Within our organization we have a mix of fixed and network licenses that stems from historic issues.
The scenario is:
I have a network licensed copy of Inventor. We are already at our limit for network licenses. There is a fixed license user on vacation for two weeks.
My thought was - I could use the LTU to transfer the fixed license to my machine for a couple of weeks and then we could transfer it back once the user had returned from vacation.
I have tried this. The transfer went smoothly and the license is now on my machine however when I try to run Inventor I am told there are insufficient licenses available. It is therefore still looking towards the network for a license.
So, how can I change this?
Do I have to re-install which will be a pain?
If I do have to reinstall, will it pick the license up automatically?
I thought this was going to be easy and indeed the transfer was but now Im stuck so any help\advice would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
the license transfer utility doesn't apply to network licenses only to standalone licenses
if your running out of licenses limit the borrowing time or elminate it completely or you may need to buy more licenses
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I think Ive confused things.......I have a network license and Im trying to borrow a stand alone license whilst a colleague is on vacation.
Theoretically, this would work. BUT, you are installed as a network. You would need to UNINSTALL your inventor network and install again as a standalone, and then transfer to that machine.
Thank you for taking part in our community!
Thanks for all the replies
I've solved it....and to be fair Autodesk already had the solution on their site.
Once you know there is a registry key to change then it all works perfectly. Inventor automatically picks up the stand alone license that has been transferred.
The solution can be found here
Many thanks for all help
Just to put the record straightt in case that sounded like I came up with the solution I didnt.
It was purely running across the Autodesk page about changing license types in the registry that solved it for me.