Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2011 Launguage Pack Install Errors

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Charles_Shade
6173 Views, 3 Replies

LT 2011 Launguage Pack Install Errors

Log Attached

I've attempted this remedy:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2011-LT-Installation-failure-on-XP/m-p/...

To remove the Registry Key. I only found one as the OP said in his reply. This resulted in the Result=1602 Error both from the Language pack.

Clean install is not (and should not be suggested) an option as I do not want to loose my current LT 2008 install and customizations.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

LT has been successfully installed.

Following the Autodesk advice of the Thread noted I removed the Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\7D2F387590099040012000060BECB6AB

This is part of the LT 2011 Language pack and did not have a twin in my Registry at the Local Machine address.

Subsequently I did a search of the Registry (Please do so at you own risk) for the 7D2F38759 portion of the key and found a second instance of the Registry key at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\7D2F387590099040012000060BECB6AB

and removed this with the Export advice from the noted thread. After doing so I was able to install the Language Pack and complete the LT 2011 installation.

There was a previous LT 2011 download trial of the software on my machine that I removed with REVO UNINSTALLER. These entries may have been left from this uninstall as I did not use REVO's most aggressive setting because doing so once before took parts of the current LT 2008 installation. This required a System Restore to repair LT 2008 and the LT 2011 Trial has sat on the system without being used.

Did the previous install cause the problem? Could be but removing the Registry entries per the advice and looking for other Language Pack entries did work.

Message 3 of 4

Of course I can't activate it though because none of the previous three S/N that I have are the right one even though one of them did work for the 2005 to 2008 upgrade.

Waiting for the Customer Service Request now...

Message 4 of 4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report