Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait when borrowing a Network License for Revit 2010 and 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
quyng
484 Views, 5 Replies

Long wait when borrowing a Network License for Revit 2010 and 2011

I currently have Revit 2010 and 2011 on my laptop. When I try to borrow a license either under Revit 2010 or Revit 2011 (not both), the program would give me the message that I have successfully borrowed the license. When I click the Close button on the Licensing window, the program gets into a 10-15 minutes waiting mode (not responding) as if it cannot communicate with the license server. I cannot work offline and Revit will take 10-15 minutes to start when I am connected back to the network. Returning the license would take another 10-15 minutes wait. All other network operations works fine. My current system is a Windows 7 64 bit with 16 GB memory.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: quyng

Odd behavior considering the license practically has no overhead.  Is there is a necessity to borrow the license?  Do you remove your computer from the network regularly?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
quyng

Yes, we have people that travel on a regular basis and would like to be able to borrow and return licenses. Even when it successfully borrows a file, it cannot be used offline.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Are you using a laptop or is there anything that is disabling your network adapter when you are offline?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
quyng

I am using a laptop. If the license is attached to the MAC address, it would defect the purpose of borrowing a license since most laptop now have docking stations. It would be an inconvenience to have to borrow a license from the builtin network card or wireless card, and must have that turned on when you are offline from the network.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

What you describe is the exact problem.  The laptop docking station has the borrowed license and not the MAC of your internal card.  That's just the unfortunate side-effect of borrowing on a laptop with the docking station.  The license is tied to the combination of machine hostname, MAC, and user login.  If any of those change then the borrowed license becomes invalid. 

You'll have to borrow the license while undocked using your internal NIC. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report