Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Civil 3D hangs up on splash screen

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
deltacoolguy
1348 Views, 3 Replies

Loading Civil 3D hangs up on splash screen

I have addressed this in other threads, but my issue doesn't seem to neatly fit, so I thought I'd start a fresh one.  I think I may be on to something, but maybe not, so here goes.

There is no error message.  It simply hangs up when opening AutoCAD when loading supporting files (acmgd.dll for Acad 2012, and accoremgd.dll for Acad 2013).  This happens in the initial splash screen.  I can walk away for 30 minutes and it's still hung up in the same spot.  It does not hang up when avast! is disabled, only when avast! is enabled.  I have narrowed it down that far, but there is no specific error message.

I can say it seems to have started when I upgraded from the free version to the paid pro version, if that helps.  Avast is trying to recreate the problem, but I haven't heard back from them yet.  Is it possible that avast! simply running is causing the problem?

Thoughts?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Did you intitially install with anti-virus (including TSR) turned off and UAC off?

If so, did you follow the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions before attempting re-install?

You do not need to uninstall student license to change to commercial license.

Simply go to Help>About Autodesk (product)>Product Information and click Change Serial Number and enter your commercial SN and follow the on-screen instructions to Activate the new license (assuming this is a stand-alone license and not a network license.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
deltacoolguy
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you intitially install with anti-virus (including TSR) turned off and UAC off?

If so, did you follow the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions before attempting re-install?

You do not need to uninstall student license to change to commercial license.

Simply go to Help>About Autodesk (product)>Product Information and click Change Serial Number and enter your commercial SN and follow the on-screen instructions to Activate the new license (assuming this is a stand-alone license and not a network license.)

My initial installation did not have anything turned off.  My un-install was a clean un-install per Autodesk instructions.  Re-installation, had everything turned off as suggested.

In this case, it was not a student version.  It is a purchased full version.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 4
deltacoolguy
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I think I may have a solution.  It appears to be something with the avast! anti-virus program.

• Wouldn't open with avast! running.
  • Sould open with avast! disabled.
  • Was given a new verson by avast!... again wouldn't open.
  • Uninstalled avast! and installed AVG (free), and it opens just fine now.

I don't know exactly why, but my problem at least seems to be the avast! anti-virus program.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report