Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMtools-Redundant License Server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GDI_cdixon
648 Views, 3 Replies

LMtools-Redundant License Server

Hello,
First, I am a newbie to network deployment please be understanding 🙂

I recently created deployment for Autodesk 3Ds Max using redundant License Server (we use 3 servers), requested and added the 3DMax license file information into our current license file and deployed software. All working great!!!!

I need change a server that is in my pool of 3 servers. I am just trying to make sure I understand how to accomplish this.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I need to request a new license file that includes my new server name and mac address removing the old server. Once I have this file I believe I will apply this new license file to all three servers in my pool.

Questions?
Will my current installed clients (autodesk 2007 & 3dMax) recognize the new server or will I need to redeploy software?
Will my current deployment packages for autodesk 2007 & 3dMax need to be changed?
Do I need to create a new deployment or edit my existing deployment for the change to apply?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thank you
Christi

Autodesk Building Systems 2007
I know when I created the Autodesk 3Ds Max deployment I had to specify which servers were the license servers.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: GDI_cdixon

First of all, for a newbie you have a good grasp of things. You are correct. You do need to get a new redundant license file for your new server and then add the file to all of the existing servers. You can then retire your old one.

Now, as for you existing installations, they should be fine. You can and should, however, modify the LICPATH.LIC file in the Autodesk application root and provide the correct information. You can also do this with System Environment variables as well. But for the most part, everything should be fine on those. You will not need to redeploy, thankfully.

As for your deployment, you can simply modify them and point to the correct set of servers. That should be all it takes for future installations to be correct.

Should be fairly easy. Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
GDI_cdixon

Thank You!!!!
Message 4 of 4
GDI_cdixon

Thank You!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report