Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools Only Issueing 1 License

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
paltomare
1580 Views, 26 Replies

LMTools Only Issueing 1 License

I have recently bought 8 network licenses of Architecture 2015 and 2 of BDSP 2015. I have LMTools v.11.12 running and configured to see the license file received after regsitering all 10 products. My problem is I can only open a single instance of the Architecture, any attemp to open concurrent instances returns a error saying a Valid Network License Cannot Be Found.

I even tried combining the license files received for each registered copy but that didn't help.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
DarrenP
in reply to: paltomare

were these generated the same day?

have you run a status inquiry on the license manager?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 27
paltomare
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, I re-registered all 10 copies again today just to be sure.

Below is the result from an inquiry

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 1/27/2015 09:54

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@KAServer2008
    License file(s) on KAServer2008: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\BDSPRM2015enlicense.lic:

KAServer2008: license server UP (MASTER) v11.12.0

Vendor daemon status (on KAServer2008):

adskflex: UP v11.12.0
Feature usage info:

Users of 85787BDSPRM_F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"85787BDSPRM_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  floating license

alexonley AOnley-PC AOnley-PC (v1.000) (KAServer2008/27000 102), start Tue 1/27 9:36

Users of 86238BDSPRM_2015_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"86238BDSPRM_2015_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  floating license

alexonley AOnley-PC AOnley-PC (v1.0) (KAServer2008/27000 202), start Tue 1/27 9:36

Users of 86071BDSPRM_2014_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85946BDSPRM_2013_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85952ARDES_2013_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85787BDSPRM_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85837NAVSIM_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85841ARDES_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85730ACD_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Message 4 of 27
DarrenP

you probably didn't combine them correctly

here is a guide that @TravisNave  made 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/combining-license-files-for-subscription-and-no...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 27
dembkod

Your status enquiy maybe incomplete. You need to highlight and copy all the text. Is this ALL there is? IF so, you only have one license of BDSP running. 

You need to make sure your license file BDSPRM2015enlicense.lic has more than one license in it. 

You can only have one service running in your license manager, if you have more than one AUTODESK service, cancel them, combine your autodesk lic files into one file and stop and restart one Autodesk service. 

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 6 of 27
TravisNave

Darren is right, as usual.  Smiley Happy

Users of 85787BDSPRM_F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

Your license file only has one license. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 27
paltomare
in reply to: dembkod

I copied everything from the inquiry.

I did try combining but it didin't work. I will try again now.

Please confirm I do need to combine even though all 10 licenses are 2015.

Message 8 of 27
DarrenP

yes you need to combine all into 1 license file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 27
paltomare

I checked my combined file and removed everything between Package and Increment for all 9 licenses and left it for the first license.

I had LMtools reread the file and did an inquiry, results below.

Still get the same error when attempting to open a concurrent copy.

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 1/27/2015 10:19

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@KAServer2008
    License file(s) on KAServer2008: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\BDSPRM2015enlicense.lic:

KAServer2008: license server UP (MASTER) v11.12.0

Vendor daemon status (on KAServer2008):

adskflex: UP v11.12.0
Feature usage info:

Users of 85787BDSPRM_F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"85787BDSPRM_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  floating license

alexonley AOnley-PC AOnley-PC (v1.000) (KAServer2008/27000 102), start Tue 1/27 9:36

Users of 86238BDSPRM_2015_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 1 license in use)

"86238BDSPRM_2015_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  floating license

alexonley AOnley-PC AOnley-PC (v1.0) (KAServer2008/27000 202), start Tue 1/27 9:36

Users of 86071BDSPRM_2014_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85946BDSPRM_2013_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85952ARDES_2013_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85787BDSPRM_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85837NAVSIM_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85841ARDES_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85730ACD_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Message 10 of 27
DarrenP

your showing 1 license of BDSP still

there is something your not doing correctly

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 27
TravisNave

It doesn't sound like you are combining them properly.  Either that or you are not pointing to the correctly saved combined license file.  Are all the seats the same product?

Run your license file thru this and let us know the results:

http://licenseparser.com/

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 27
paltomare

Would it help to past my combined file, or would I be exposing my license info?

Message 13 of 27
TravisNave

You can send it to me in a private message.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 27
paltomare
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok first, I've attached the parse file.

Message 15 of 27
DarrenP

don't post serial numbers on here thats why travis said to private message them

There was an error locating the package definition in this license file.

your not combining them correctly

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 16 of 27
dembkod

You are combining off 4 year old instructions and they are no longer valid. This is how you combine your license files:

Copy and paste everything into one file. Both the package and increment sections, keep everything.

That's it. The instructions you are reading are from before package licenses existed.

David Dembkoski
Message 17 of 27
paltomare

I combined everything the first time I tried this and that didn't work either.

Can Autodesk make this any more confusing? I'm suprised the combining can't be done on their end.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.

I will try again and report back.

Message 18 of 27
TravisNave

@dembkod wrote:

You are combining off 4 year old instructions and they are no longer valid. This is how you combine your license files:

Copy and paste everything into one file. Both the package and increment sections, keep everything.

That's it. The instructions you are reading are from before package licenses existed.

This is incorrect.  I list the proper way to combine Subscription license files in my article:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/combining-license-files-for-subscription-and-no...

Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 27
paltomare
in reply to: TravisNave

So to be clear,

I have 2 licenses of BDSP 2015 and 8 of Architecture 2015, all with Maintenance Subscriptions.

Are these the instructions I follow?

Combining License Files for Subscription Products

Different Subscription Products:  Combining Subscription license files is just as straight forward as combining different products as shown above.  If you have different product Subscriptions, you simply just combine the license files.  The only difference is Subscription license files contain a PACKAGE portion in addition to the INCREMENT portion.  This allows for previous version use up to three releases back.  As above, you would still only need one set of license header information and one PLIST.  There is no need to duplicate this information in the license file.

Identical Subscription Products:  If you have more that one serial number or group number under Subscription for the same product, the process becomes a little more involved.  Like when combining other license files, you only need one set of header server and vendor information and one PLIST.  However, when combining indentical Subscription licenses you also only need one instance of the PACKAGE portion for that featured license.  Note:  To properly combine identical products, all license files for that product must be created on the same date.

Message 20 of 27
TravisNave

You need to have a PACKAGE for the Building Design Suite and then all its
INCREMENT sections. Then you need a PACKAGE for the Architecture and all
its INCREMENT sections. Save the file and call it something like
Combined.lic so you know you are picking the right file in LMTOOLS. Save
the service. Stop and start it. Let me know.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report