Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools Only Issueing 1 License

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
paltomare
1604 Views, 26 Replies

LMTools Only Issueing 1 License

I have recently bought 8 network licenses of Architecture 2015 and 2 of BDSP 2015. I have LMTools v.11.12 running and configured to see the license file received after regsitering all 10 products. My problem is I can only open a single instance of the Architecture, any attemp to open concurrent instances returns a error saying a Valid Network License Cannot Be Found.

I even tried combining the license files received for each registered copy but that didn't help.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

For clarity your Combined license file should look like this:

SERVER HEADER INFO

PACKAGE BDSP
INCREMENT BDSP
INCREMENT BDSP

PACKAGE ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH
INCREMENT ARCH

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 27
paltomare

Success!

I have 3 concurrent sessions open, will try all 10 in a bit.

Thanks for clearly explaining this to me, I see now I did not have a Package and Increment for each type of product.

One more question, as I add licenses at at later time do I just append this file or will there be a problem with differnt dates?

Inquiry results below:

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 1/27/2015 11:49

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@KAServer2008
    License file(s) on KAServer2008: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\Combined2015enlicense.lic:

KAServer2008: license server UP (MASTER) v11.12.0

Vendor daemon status (on KAServer2008):

adskflex: UP v11.12.0
Feature usage info:

Users of 85787BDSPRM_F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 65300ARCHDESK_F:  (Total of 8 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86288ARCHDESK_2015_0F:  (Total of 8 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86137ARCHDESK_2014_0F:  (Total of 8 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85883ARCHDESK_2013_0F:  (Total of 8 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85731ARCHDESK_2012_0F:  (Total of 8 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86238BDSPRM_2015_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 86071BDSPRM_2014_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85946BDSPRM_2013_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85952ARDES_2013_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85787BDSPRM_2012_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85837NAVSIM_2012_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85841ARDES_2012_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85730ACD_2012_0F:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Message 23 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: paltomare

If they are different products, you can add new seats. If they are the same
or if there is crossover of cascade then you gotta redo it all.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 27
paltomare

So as I add new seats of Architecture 2015 or BDSP 2015 I register those at www.registeronce.com, then re-register the seats I have at the same site, then combine again?

If I add BDSP 2016 in the future I just append the combined file I just created.

Yikes, firms with 100 seats do the same thing?

Message 25 of 27
TravisNave

@paltomare wrote:

So as I add new seats of Architecture 2015 or BDSP 2015 I register those at www.registeronce.com, then re-register the seats I have at the same site, then combine again?

Yes. That is correct.  Smiley Happy

If I add BDSP 2016 in the future I just append the combined file I just created.

No.  Your 2016 will supersede your 2015.  The Subscription portion of your new 2016 will automatically include the 2015 support.

Yikes, firms with 100 seats do the same thing?

Not usually.  Firms with multiple seats usually combine all of their seats into a multi-seat network license file.  They have one file good for 100 seats, for example.  When you are ready for 2016, I recommend asking your Reseller for help combining your individual serial numbers into a group number.  Then you won't have to do this anymore.  Smiley Wink

Hope that helps!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 26 of 27
paltomare

Tremendous help, thank you very much!

Message 27 of 27
TravisNave

It's our pleasure.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report