Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
LotzH
583 Views, 2 Replies

LMTools INFO

Hi There

I would just like to find out whether anyone has seen any issues regarding multiple users pulling a network licence if there is only one available ie. User 1 pulls a Licence and then borrows it for a "x" ammount of time. Then User 2 pulls that same licence and then borrows it for a "x" ammount of time and so on and on. There is obviously something that you need to do so that this can happen. I do not want to reveal this but I do want to find out whether this is an isolated case or not.

You will also then find that you will not be able to return that Licence that has been borrowed out. But there is a way around that too. There is no funny business or third party apps used. Only Autodesk software.

I think it is a issue on Autodesk's side and I did make them aware of it. This is purely to find out if this is a common thing as you will be able to run a whole drawing office on 1 NLM. Which of coarse is illegal.

Again this is purely to find out whether there are users that know of this.

Regards

HLotz

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: LotzH

Clearly there are ways to circumvent licensing with hacks and cracks and other methods, as you have suggested.  If someone wants to steal a license, they are going to do it.  Autodesk will audit companies though and punishment is swift and severe.  Just ask anyone who has undergone it.  Further discussion here on this peer forum is not recommended. 

If you suspect piracy, it is best to report it here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=340446

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
LotzH
in reply to: LotzH

Sorry if you have misunderstood what the point was of this topic. I have clearly stated that this is for information purpose and that there was no hacks, cracks, or anything used. I have also said that this was escalated to Autodesk. I am just as much against piracy and unlawfullness as the next person. I have worked for a reseller and have first hand experience with this. All I'm trying to get at is that surely I am not the only one to have found this problem. As it is an Autodesk problem as it is there software and software that they utilize. It is an issue in the software. I should also stare that I have found this issue by mistake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report