Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM with diffrent versions?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
andrew.warren
495 Views, 8 Replies

LM with diffrent versions?

Can you have one LM with (2) AutoCAD 2006 (2) AutoCAD 2007 and (2) AutoCAD 2008? Or do they all have to be on the same version? I am thinking they have to be them same But I have a customer asking so before I say no I wanted to ask for a second opinion...

Andy Warren
Striker Systems
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I was just thinking back the LM key has multiple versions right? So does that mean it can handle them, but then the user would have to have a certain version of AutoCAD to use that versions key correct? So you could not have 2008 loaded and use the only key open if it was 2006?
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: andrew.warren

Alright, let me try to clarify what you are asking and hope I can give you the answer you are seeking.

One single NLM service can run all the different versions of your Autodesk software. That means the license file can have AutoCAD 2006, 2007, 2008, etc. Generally each license is simply appended to the next into one license file and when done correctly the NLM will handle all available products.

The version of the NLM is important in this case, however. The version needs to be at least the latest version of the product that you are using. Therefore, if you are going to use 2008 licenses, you need to install the Network License Manger from the Autodesk 2008 media.

Now, starting with Autodesk 2009 products and NLM, Autodesk has issued a new license package feature. This allows your existing AutoCAD 2009 license to also run licenses for prior versions going back to 2006 (all with one license.) This eliminates the need to constantly append your old license Increments to the new license files each year.

Sound good?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9

Yes that is what I wanted confirmation on...

Thank you Message was edited by: awarren
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 5 of 9
garylayne

But does it not pull two licenses?/

If you open say a instance of ACAD 2008
and a instance of Inv 2009 aren't you pulling two
licenses from Inv 2009???
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

You would pull two licenses, but one would be from 2009 and the other from 2008, if the licenses were separate. Or if it were the package Increment, you would pull the two licenses from the 2009 package (2006-2009 inclusive.)

Either way, you are pulling two licenses total.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
garylayne

Increment?? please explain
Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

The new 2009 licenses under Subscription come with a Package Increment that allows the license to run products going back to 2006.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

> Increment?? please explain

In short it means that you're adding additional licenses and not just
replacing them with newer versions. IOW more licenses can co-exist.

Best regards,

Henrik Goldman
---

Flexlm license management to reduce your costs -
http://www.x-formation.com/license_statistics/index.html

Knowledgebase on software license management - http://kb.x-formation.com/

Protect your software with LM-X License Manager -
http://www.x-formation.com/lm-x_license_manager/index.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report