Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line display issue with 2009 C3D install on W7 64 bit.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DRW_CAD
521 Views, 6 Replies

Line display issue with 2009 C3D install on W7 64 bit.

We are having a strange issue with line display. These are new computers, Windows 7, 64 bit, ATI FirePro V3750 card. I've installed Civil 3D '09 & '10 and Land Desktop '09. When you zoom in real close on linework, the lines don't display where they really are. If you try to pick them or snap to them, they're not where they appear to be on the screen. If you select them before you zoom in, wysiwyg. the problem occurs in both Land Desktop & Civil 3D 2009 but NOT in 2010. Our old 32 bit XP systems don't have the problem on '09 or '10. I tried putting an old 32 bit XP image on one of the new computers & don't have the problem. So I'm thinking I've narrowed it down to the 64 bit '09 deployments of C3D/LDT but I'm not sure where to go with it from here. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: DRW_CAD

Autodesk 09 products are not supported in Windows 7.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
AllenJessup

I'm not familiar with the ATI cards but check out how they are tuned. Look for something checked that "smoothes lines" of "simplifies geometry". I've had similar problems with those type of settings with other cards.
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
DRW_CAD

Thanks Allen. I know it's not supported in 7. The timing on our computer lease was less than ideal. I haven't fully weaned everyone off land desktop & 2011 wasn't out when we deployed & I didn't want to live with 32 bit XP machines for another 3 years.
Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Can't say I blame you. Got caught up in-between some major architecture changes!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
DRW_CAD

I fixed it although I'm not sure why this setting controls line visibilty but 3DCONFIG, Manual Tune & check on "Smooth faces by default". Problem goes away.
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

As long as you are up and running and this result potentially helps somebody else with the same problem, that's all that matters! 😃 Good job!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report