Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Snajgel
329 Views, 3 Replies

Licensing

Hi!

I read somewhere that one Maya license could be used on two computers (workstation and laptop) as long as it wasn't simultaneously. I think however that it was about an older version of Maya. Does that apply on the 2012 version? Are there any restraints? Does both computers have to be activated (or de-/ re-activated endlessly?)?

Looking forward to buy, but need to be sure I can use it as planned.

Thanks a lot

/ Snajgel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Snajgel

Yes.  If you read the EULA for your 2012 product, you will see that you are allowed a second activation for your laptop so long as only you access it and only one at a time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Snajgel
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks!

Just to be sure then...

Nowadays you have to activate online from the very computer you are using Maya on, is that correct?

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Snajgel

Yes, that is correct.  The activation code is different per computer now.  You should be allowed two activations before the software is locked-out.  If you have any problems, you can call Autodesk Activations at 1-800-551-1490. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report