Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Server - System Requirements

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
LibbySPatrick
1754 Views, 10 Replies

Licensing Server - System Requirements

The 64-bit licensing server installation will work with Microsoft Server 2008.

Will it work with Small Business Server 2011?

I wanted to move my licensing server from a WinXP machine to the SBS 2011 server.

I set it up, got a new license file, configured the licensing server, opened the firewall (2080, 27000-27009) and LMTOOLS says the license server is running and licenses are available.

My Win7 64-bit machines can ping the server, and can telnet to port 2080 and 27000-27009 on the server.

IPV4 and IPV6 are configured on server and Win7 machines.

When I start AutoCAD 2012 on a Win7 machine, I get the dialog to find the licensing server. I put in both the server name and IPV IP address, click OK, FlexNet says it has finished and the dialog comes back.

When i cancel out I get the -15.570.0 error. All the research and changes I have made have no effect.

Bottom line, is it Small Business Server 2011 that's the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: LibbySPatrick

No, it works fine.  Make sure when you PING your server from the client that the return response is IPv4 and not IPv6.  You might have to make a hosts file entry to point to the IPv4 address.  Your status enquiry in LMTOOLS should also show that the NLM is running properly first before you can connect via your clients.  Let me know your findings.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
LibbySPatrick
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you, Travis. 

Pinging from a Win7 machine to the server does return an IPv4 address, not IPv6.

In checking the licensing server status, I don't have the wording handy, but it does say that it is running and serving 0 out of 3 licenses.

Question: If there is an error with the license file I am using, would that cause the -15.570.0 error?

I confirmed the server name and MAC address are correct. 

This license was generated by AutoDesk customer support. If I made in error in copy/paste, could that cause this error, or would the licensing server not start at all?

Side note - I did see your IPv6 document yesterday before I posted the question. I try to do my homework!

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

a -15 error is the clients are not connecting to the license server

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
TravisNave

If your status is showing licenses, which it seems they are per your description, and clients can PING the NLM via IPv4, then it is likely a firewall issue.  If you cannot disable your Windows firewall, then make an application exception for all four .exe files on your NLM and port exceptions for 27000 and 2080. 

You can test this via Internet Explorer (not a 3rd party browser) by typing the name of your server followed by the port number:

http://servername:2080

http://servername:27000

The resulting page should yield this similar display if the ports are not being blocked:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If you get a 'Page cannot be displayed' error, then you have a firewall block. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 11

Everything suggested in the previous posts worked correctly - ports open, IP addresses, etc. 

The issue turned out to be permissions on the Autodesk License folder on the server. 

Once I set permissions on the C:\Program Files(X86)\Auto... folder to Modify for all Domain Users, the licenses started flowing.

Correct me here, but I don't remember seeing anything in the documents, videos or forums about permissions on those folders. 

Hopefully this will help someone else with -15.570.0.

Thanks to all who responded.

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

In all the years and with all the vendors I've used with FlexLM, I have never come across a folder permission issue.  Are you sure you set this up as a service and it starts with the system account? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
jblack

I can verify that folder permissions were my problem, as well.  I didn't see anywhere in any of the documentation anything about permissions. Yes, the service was starting as a system service acount. 

I'm running the License Manager SBS 2011. At first it was a firewall issue, i added 2800,27000 to inbound rules (can't this be added to the installer?). I was then able to test the connectiong with http://servername:2800. But it still would not give a license file.  It wasn't until I shared the programfiles/autodesk/autodesk... folder with open permissions that I could obtain a license. 

@TravisNave wrote:

In all the years and with all the vendors I've used with FlexLM, I have never come across a folder permission issue.  Are you sure you set this up as a service and it starts with the system account? 

Message 9 of 11
TravisNave

Then clearly you have not reduced the restrictions on your server to be used for Administrative services. I suspect UAC is enabled and protecting the Program Files directories.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 11
GandalfMarocke

Got the Same Problem.

The Solution with open the Port: 2080, 27000 works fine.

At Last Travis

If you use a Small Business 2011 Server with an Exchange you can`t simply deactivate IPv6 at the Hosts File at System32.

If you deactivate IPv6 you got massive problems with your Exchange Server.

Gandalf

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: GandalfMarocke

You do not need to disable IPv6.  My hosts file recommendation is to ensure that the DNS hostname uses the IPv4 connection rather than the IPv6 for the local machine.  That should not affect your other network services.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report