Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing requirements for using NLM

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nstevermer
565 Views, 2 Replies

Licensing requirements for using NLM

We have about 5 users that we want to upgrade from Autocad 2005 to Autocad 2010 or 2011.  I would like to setup a NLM to manage the 5 licenses but it is difficult trying to figure out what I actually need to buy as far as the software and licensing goes.  Do I need to buy a full version for each person?  Do I just need to buy 1 full version and then buy 4 other types of add-on licenses?  How does the NLM know how many licenses it has to use?  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: nstevermer

Generally speaking, when you buy a 5-seat network license you are issued your product with a serial number that is good for 5 seats.  The network license file that gets created for you on that serial number is set for 5 seats.   You can install an infinite number of network client installations that point to the NLM, but only 5 will launch at any given time.  The NLM will run on nearly any computer as it has very little overhead.  I joke that you can run it on an Etch-a-Sketch. 

I'd be happy to field any of your questions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
nstevermer
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report