Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
andrew.stahl
383 Views, 2 Replies

Licensing Question

I've got some questions about the logistics of the Network Licensing.

Here's my question by example:

FYI: All licenses are on a single, dedicated server.

I have (7) computers in scenario "A" that are running (7) licenses of Revit MEP 2013 which Autodesk upgraded into (7) licenses of Building Design Suite Premium 2014 through subscription.

I have (2) computers in scenario "B" that are running (2) licenses of BDSP2013 which became (2) licenses of BDSP2014 through subscription.

So when 2014 came out, Autodesk gave me a (2) seperate license numbers for BDSP2014, one for (7) seats and one for (2) seats.

I've come into a situation where I have to reformat a computer in scenario "A" and reinstall.

My question is, can I install BDSP2013 on a scenario "A" computer since Autodesk upgraded it to BDSP2014 or do I have to continue to install Revit MEP 2013 on these (7) computers (keep in mind this license started as Revit MEP 2013)?

If I CAN install BDSP2013, how do I do it without a license number for it? The only license number I do have for BDSP2013 is for the (2) computers in scenario "B".

If I CAN NOT, that would help explain why I have two subscription licenses for BDSP2014. One license for (7) seats and one for (2) seat.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: andrew.stahl

Since both of your products are BDSP2014, you now have two licensed files (if generated on the same day) that will combine on the license manager for 9 total seats of BDSP2014.  Under Subscription, you can continue to run previous versions of the product.  The cascade should allow for your 2013s to still work as expected, even though you are now on a Suite.  You can install either Revit or the BDSP 2013 as you choose, since you are licensed for either.  The NLM no longer cares.  It simply will hand out one of its nine seats to whatever product launches.  If it is easier for you to install BDSP2013, then do so.  Use the licensed serial number for you 2013 just as you have been.  Because you are network licensed, the actual installed program is not dependent on the serial number.  You can install those 2-seat serials on an infinite number of machines.  So long as the installer validates the serial as correct, you are all set.  All of your licensing exists on the server, so you are doing no wrong by this method.  In fact, it is expected practice.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
andrew.stahl
in reply to: andrew.stahl

Thanx Travis!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report