Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Maya2013 in Linux,just not valid

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
liliz811
3815 Views, 9 Replies

Licensing Maya2013 in Linux,just not valid

Hi!

I'm student and I got the Activation Code form Autodesk. When I try to Activate my Maya 2013 in Fedora18 by the recommended way,it comes:

"The request code you entered is not valid.Try again(Error 3)"

The Serial Number and the Product Key is correct.

then:

I tried another way ("I have an activation code from Autodesk"),it shows only a select box to browse a Long Code XML Files(*.xml).  

2013-04-06 04:52:41的屏幕截图.png

I have absolutely no idea where the XML Files located!  But I have found "Maya2013_ZHLongCode.xml",it   comes:

"Registration-Activation Error (0015.111)

There is a problem with the activation code that you entered.Click one of the following links."

I felt very strange,I have NEVER entered a code in a step.And the request code never show up!

then a dialog shows after I close that activation windows:

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2013 (657E1 2013.0.0.F), error 19

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='657E1'

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

I have a question that where can I get a activation file(Long Code XML files)?

I am learning both 3D and Linux OS.   P.S . My English is not very good.....:)

Thanks for giving help!!  🙂

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: liliz811

Hello Zhang,

The Education Community currently does not support / provide Linux student licenses, just Windows and Mac where applicable, which would explain the error.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 3 of 10
liliz811
in reply to: philip.s

Oh!!!!!!! That's the reason.Smiley Very Happy

I hope there will be a Linux Student License soon!

Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 10
jacob
in reply to: liliz811

I have managed to install on linux with student licence previously, so I dont see whay it should be a problem, considering the serial numbers are the same when requesed for both mac and windows!

I get this error when trying to install maya 2013:

The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3)

Is there a way to fix this error?

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: jacob

@jacob wrote:

I have managed to install on linux with student licence previously, so I dont see whay it should be a problem, considering the serial numbers are the same when requesed for both mac and windows!

I get this error when trying to install maya 2013:

The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3)

Is there a way to fix this error?

Unfortunately not at the moment Jacob.

While the serial numbers are the same for Windows and Mac versions, the associated license type would be different / is not setup for a Linux system.

Message 6 of 10
jacob

That is very strange, because I have managed to install Maya 2012/13 Fine on linux prevoiusly with a sudent licence, But I had to reinstall my os due to a major error, and now cant activate it. Is it a recent change to the licencing?

Message 7 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: jacob

Not a recent change Jacob as the Education Community has not had Linux support for as long as I can remember.

I know that's not what you want to hear and will definitely be passing this feedback on to my Education Community colleagues.

Message 8 of 10
jspada20

Thank you again for the student licensing for students. It is amazing to see you guys supporting the next generation of artist and engineers! I was wondering if there are plans for the Linux version in the future. Being able to use Linux is a huge skill for artists entering the industry and being able to learn with these wonderful products with Linux is even better. 

Message 9 of 10
wearnshaw
in reply to: jspada20

Sorry to exhume this long dead thread. I am working in a research lab on campus and the project I am working on started turning toward Maya. Its disappointing to find that student licenses are not available for any of our lab machines (as they all run fedora).

Has this perhaps changed for Maya2015, or are there any plans to do so in the future?

Message 10 of 10
EPS93
in reply to: wearnshaw

Dear sales/support engineer,

As a long term linux user (>20years) , I'd hoped to find a student/trial version of your software for my daughter's use. I don't understand why you would not support linux which has grown out of an education environment and, given your philanthropic aspirations, I would think that supportng linux, (which is, in many ways a philanthropic endeavour), would be of paramount concern and I, for one, would be certainly be happy to see you supporting our young people.

If you did not have the source code base, I would not be having this discussion, however, the fact that you have produced binaries for a couple of linux distros suggests that porting is not the issue. I understand your need to protect your IP, and to protect your revenue streams and realise that this would involve culling some of the functionality from the student edition of the software but, if you've integrated maya with a license manager like flexlm then I would not have thought it should not be an onerous task to provide per-license chunks of functionality.

Maybe the education group just don't have the requisite skill set?

Thanks.

Regards, Chris Small.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report