Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

james
Message 1 of 6 (223 Views)

Licensing Mac/PC

223 Views, 5 Replies
02-06-2013 04:19 PM

Hi,

I have an old copy of autocad lt 2005 on my pc.  I recently upgraded, on my mac and went to autocad lt 2013.  I love it.  I noticed in the app store that I can redownload and put it on another computer that I own.  So I'd like it on my pc and my mac. 

Thing is, my pc is a desktop and my laptop is a mac.  I own the lt 2013 for mac and the the older version in the pc.  both are full versions.

How/Can I get a copy for my pc?  Or would I have to purchase it all over again.   My license for the mac version appears to allow for more than one install, and I think it even says that.   But for my permanent pc I would need the windows version.

Thanks

James

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 2 of 6 (218 Views)

Re: Licensing Mac/PC

02-06-2013 05:16 PM in reply to: james

Hi James,

If I understand you correctly, you purchased AutoCAD LT 2013 and you have already installed and activated it on your MAC and now you want to install and activate a second copy to your Windows PC, right? 

If so, indeed you can install and activate a second copy of AutoCAD LT on a MAC or Windows environment. Do click on the link for more details on Windows and Mac Cross-Platform Licensing

Joane Bonghanoy
james
Message 3 of 6 (206 Views)

02-06-2013 07:52 PM in reply to: james

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.  But I have another question.  It refers to the serial number that came with the software.  Where do I get that from if it was purchased from the Mac App Store?  

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 4 of 6 (190 Views)

02-07-2013 06:36 AM in reply to: james

that doesn't apply

the mac app store version is unserialized as all programs from the mac app store you won't be able to do this with that version

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 5 of 6 (187 Views)

02-07-2013 06:38 AM in reply to: DarrenP

you also can't upgrade it or buy subscription with it

james
Message 6 of 6 (173 Views)

02-08-2013 01:07 AM in reply to: james

Well, that makes me unhappy.  I wish this was claused somewhere when buying it.  Since I use the mac more than the pc, I should be okay... but still not happy.

The app store is awesome and very convenient for loading and updating apps.  But wish I had known about this licensing limitation with the autodesk product.  Had I known I would have purchased it the other way around (windows version with cross over support).

I still own a pc version, but it's just an older one.

Thanks

James

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!