Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
james
359 Views, 5 Replies

Licensing Mac/PC

Hi,

I have an old copy of autocad lt 2005 on my pc.  I recently upgraded, on my mac and went to autocad lt 2013.  I love it.  I noticed in the app store that I can redownload and put it on another computer that I own.  So I'd like it on my pc and my mac. 

Thing is, my pc is a desktop and my laptop is a mac.  I own the lt 2013 for mac and the the older version in the pc.  both are full versions.

How/Can I get a copy for my pc?  Or would I have to purchase it all over again.   My license for the mac version appears to allow for more than one install, and I think it even says that.   But for my permanent pc I would need the windows version.

Thanks

James

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: james

Hi James,

If I understand you correctly, you purchased AutoCAD LT 2013 and you have already installed and activated it on your MAC and now you want to install and activate a second copy to your Windows PC, right? 

If so, indeed you can install and activate a second copy of AutoCAD LT on a MAC or Windows environment. Do click on the link for more details on Windows and Mac Cross-Platform Licensing

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6
james

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.  But I have another question.  It refers to the serial number that came with the software.  Where do I get that from if it was purchased from the Mac App Store?  

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

that doesn't apply

the mac app store version is unserialized as all programs from the mac app store you won't be able to do this with that version

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

you also can't upgrade it or buy subscription with it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
james

Well, that makes me unhappy.  I wish this was claused somewhere when buying it.  Since I use the mac more than the pc, I should be okay... but still not happy.

The app store is awesome and very convenient for loading and updating apps.  But wish I had known about this licensing limitation with the autodesk product.  Had I known I would have purchased it the other way around (windows version with cross over support).

I still own a pc version, but it's just an older one.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report