Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Issue with Vault 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Mr.Caro
1617 Views, 8 Replies

Licensing Issue with Vault 2015

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with the licensing of my Vault 2015 system. I wil try to explain it as detailed (and short) as possible. 

I have two servers where Vault Server 2014 Professional Limited Release was installed. Before, both servers had their own license file, and everything was working fine. Now, we have updated both servers to Vault 2015, and all the licenses are read from one server. On the server that has the LMTools installed and the license file everything is working fine, the clients can connect with it. But when trying to connect the other one, it shows the message "Failed to acquire a License". I have tried the following solutions, without success:

- IPv6 is not active

- Latest version of LMTools is installed

- Both servers can ping pinged by the name from the other one, and also from the client (I modified the hosts file in the three systems)

- Licpath.lic points correctly to the server with the licenses (with the IP Address)

- ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with both servername and IP Address

The server without licenses has no more LMTools installed (is this maybe the problem?)

The Filestore log from the server gives the following information: 

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635321383479678340 )
Exception: LicensingError [319] (20)
Stacktrace: at Connectivity.Filestore.Licensing.LicenseCheckOut(Int64 userId, String username, Byte[] p)
at Connectivity.Filestore.AuthenticationService.CreateSession(AuthCredentials creds, String dataServer, String knowledgeVault, Boolean isLicensed, Byte[] p)
at Connectivity.Web.Filestore.v19.AuthService.SignIn(String dataServer, String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVault)
at SyncInvokeSignIn(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

The Licensing log gives the following information:

88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 Reason=Fatal error
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 ComputerName=VAULT2014-REP1
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 OS=6.2.9200.
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 File=AdlmIntNWFBLicense.cpp,Line=782
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 VendorID=3 [FLEXLM-NW]
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 VendorError=-96 [License server machine is down or not responding.]
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 FLEXLM-NW=v11.12.0.0 build 136775 x64_n6
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 Reason=Fatal error
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 ComputerName=VAULT2014-REP1
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 OS=6.2.9200.
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 File=AdlmIntNWFBLicense.cpp,Line=765
88 2014/04/03 16:12:27 AdlmIntError=20 [License check out failed]

Could please anyone help me? If i missing some information lease feel free to inform me.

Thanks in advance!

CARLOS

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: Mr.Caro

2015 products require Flex LM 11.12 try updating to that

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/LMTools-NLM-11-12-Mandatory-for-2015-Autodesk-n...

and http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2015/td-p/4923...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

The ADMS has to connect for the license.  So make sure that the server that the ADMS is on can connect to that problematic server and get an IPv4 address.  Even if it is on the problematic server itself and IPv6 is disabled, the localhost can still come back with the ::1 IPv6 address instead of 127.0.0.1.  Might be worth a double-check. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
Mr.Caro

Flex LM 11.12 version is installed in the server with the licenses. I removed it from the server that has no licenses, but I have still an event message from Windows that says that the Flexlm Service 1 couldn't start. 

I'm not sure what you mean by connecting. I can ping both servers from the other one with the server name, I have a system variable that specifies the correct server, and the in the host file from both servers are the correct IP-Server name relationships. 

Message 5 of 9
TravisNave

If the service can't start then it might be a problem with your license file or the server connecting to itself via IPv6.  Check both of those.  You can post your debug log here too if you want.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
Mr.Caro
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello everyone,

sorry for the delay, but there were some rellay busy days. 

These licensing system is for a replication enviroment that we are building. It have to work across domains, and as we have tried to build the replication, we found out that it wasn't working neither. SQL creates the snapshot properly, but, it fails as it tries to propagate it to the subscriber. We think that it can be a network-related error (maybe something with the trust across domains?), and that the licensing problem can be also related to it. 

I know that this is not the correct forum, but, does anyone know the exact prerequisites for replication across domains? Or should I opne another thread?

Thanks!

CARLOS

Message 7 of 9
DarrenP

if its vault replication

you may want to start a new thread in the vault discussion group

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/bd-p/101

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Mr.Caro
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello everyone,

we finally found the Problem. Even if the firewalls from both servers were correctly configured, the domain firewalls had still the ports closed. As soon as we opened them, the replication was succesful.

Thanks for your help!

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report