Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing in Deployments for SCCM deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nigel.stent
628 Views, 3 Replies

Licensing in Deployments for SCCM deployment

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating deployments for multiple Autodesk products for our ANZ region. I have a couple of questions with the main one being around licensing.

We have redundant license servers and they are currently set via environmental variables (ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE) where we specify @server1;@server2 these are managed by Group Policy across all PC's in the ANZ region.

When it comes to creating a deployment I can then add as a package to our master SCCM server and then let SCCM deploy out to our secondary servers in each AD site I have to add server names into the list. I dont want to do this as they are already managed elswehere and they can change.

What is the best method for getting past this limitation in the deployment creator?

The other smaller question is does anyone have experience with deployments like this (roughly 30 sites, 5000 staff of which probably 100-300 will have plain CAD installed and then a mix of the other products? I have an issue with the package working fine for Win7 clients but XP clients run the install no logs are created and no files are actually copied to the C:\Program files\Autodesk\<product>2013 location. So if anyone can shed any light onto that, that would be good too.

Thanks

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DannyHubbard
in reply to: nigel.stent

If you are setting the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable this will take presidence over the server specified in the deployment wizard, see http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS71384.

With WIndows XP the DirectX component from the media has to be installed manually, it will not install correctly on XP from SCCM, http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1106168

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
nigel.stent

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I will look into the licensing variable a bit more.

For XP I am already doing DirectX, Visual C++ an the .NET framework updates as seperate steps before attempting to install the deployment.

I have had instances where setup.exe is running (can tell from task manager on the machine running the installation) but no log file is created and only the folder in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ is created but nothing copied into it. This kind of behaviour is making it quite hard to troubleshoot why its doing what its doing.

Cheers

Message 4 of 4
DannyHubbard

On one of the XP systems try enabling the Installer logging, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314852.

Also with an SCCM install since it is installed as the System account all the log files will be in the C:\Windows\Temp folder.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report