Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Error when trying to run Maya LT 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jana.B
548 Views, 5 Replies

Licensing Error when trying to run Maya LT 2015

I'm trying to run the trial version of Maya LT 2015. I'd like to test it out and see if it's worth getting for the art team. I've tried installing directly and using the install manager, but both end up giving me:

Licensing Error

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. 

If your are still unable to access a license, contact your system administrator. 

Error [-5.412.0]

All of the other artists on my team are getting this error as well. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jana.B
in reply to: Jana.B

I should also mention we currently are running licensed versions of Maya 2012 on our machines.
Message 3 of 6
jessica.t

Hi @Jana.B and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

This error is often associated to LM Tool installation issues. Try this work instruction to help resolve the issue. If the problem persists please reply with further details. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 6
Jana.B
in reply to: jessica.t

error.png

This is the error I'm getting. I looked at the LM Tools installation issues blog, but it doesn't seem to apply. I upgraded the flexlm version, but it made no difference, I still get the error. The thing that I'm finding odd is that I'm just trying to run the trail version, so it shouldn't need to access the network. 

Message 5 of 6
Jana.B

Also just to reiterate, my Maya 2012 is running fine and able to access the network with no issues.
Message 6 of 6
jessica.t

This can sometimes happen due to a system clock being set to the wrong time / setting. Try this Autodesk Solution to see if it helps!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report