Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Error [-4.132.0] PDSU 2013

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
joeltsack
6664 Views, 13 Replies

Licensing Error [-4.132.0] PDSU 2013

I have been having trouble trying to open any proucts from the design suite packge. I get an error "a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager."

I am the only one using the design suite product so there should be no problem with license seats at all. I have tried many other forum posts about the subject none of which seemed to help.

Thank you for any help in advance!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: joeltsack

The -4 error simply means that you are out of licenses.  Do a status enquiry from LMTOOLS and it will tell you where your license is checked out.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14
joeltsack

The problem is now fixed although I did absolutley nothing to fix it. The autodesk programs work perfectly fine now. I am not sure why or what happened. Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 14
TravisNave

The license manager resets at midnight.  So if there was a stuck license, perhaps it unstuck itself.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 14
joeltsack
in reply to: TravisNave

The same license error has happened again. I did a status enquiry from LMTOOLS and this is what I got.

Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 7/31/2013 08:05

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: @MT-ENG2
    License file(s) on MT-ENG2: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\LICPATH.lic;C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acadm\LICPATH.LIC:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
 The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
 the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
 port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name:   MT-ENG2
License path:  @MT-ENG2;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
License server status: @mtacv
    License file(s) on mtacv: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\LICPATH.lic;C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acadm\LICPATH.LIC:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
 The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
 the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
 port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name:   mtacv
License path:  @mtacv;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave

Stop and start the service. 

Did anything change like with the NIC or the hostname?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 14
joeltsack

The NIC or hostname did not change.

Message 8 of 14
TravisNave

Your status enquiry shows two different license managers. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 14
joeltsack

I dont understand why that is like that.

Message 10 of 14
TravisNave

Make sure you only have one service listed under Config Services.  And on the first tab, check the box to ignore system environment variables.  Stop and start the service and see if it is working again.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 14
joeltsack

ok i setup the license manager and did a status enquiry. Here is the printout. It says there is a total of 0 licenses in use. Do I need to point the programs to the correct server and if so how would I go about doing it. Thank you very much for your help!

Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 7/31/2013 14:24

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@MT-ENG2
    License file(s) on MT-ENG2: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\LICPATH.lic:

MT-ENG2: license server UP (MASTER) v11.11

Vendor daemon status (on MT-ENG2):

adskflex: UP v11.11
Feature usage info:

Users of 85815PDSU_F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85963PDSU_2013_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85796PDSU_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85730ACD_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85875ACDMAC_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85678ACAD_E_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85762INVPRORS_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85837NAVSIM_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85677ECSCAD_2012_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85607SHOWCASE_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85615ALSK_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85580MBXPRO_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85545AMECH_PP_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85503MAXDES_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85579INVNTOR_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85000DESNST_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85567INVPRO_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85536ACD_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85538ACAD_E_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85569INVPRORS_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85601NAVSIM_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85581ECSCAD_2011_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 83900MBXPRO_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 71800AMECH_PP_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 70600INVPRORS_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 70000MAXDES_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85577INVNTOR_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 70500INVPRO_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 71200ACD_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 71700ACAD_E_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 71500NAVSIM_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 82600ECSCAD_2010_0F:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Message 12 of 14
joeltsack

I tried opening Vault Basic and it opens just fine. The server name (mtacv) is different then the one (MT-ENG2) an ipconfig pulls up. How is it that the vault opens just fine but not the programs?

Message 13 of 14
DarrenP

vault basic doesn't grab a license

use this to point the computer to the license server

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
joeltsack

Thank you very much for your help! The problem was fixed by following the license manager setup guide and restarting the computer afterwards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report