Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
daniel.gijsbers
243 Views, 1 Reply

licenses form a package

Follow the link or read below about licenses.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=11067735&linkID=9240617
he package license file contains a set number of licenses for four different versions of your software. For example, an AutoCAD 2009 package license file will contain a set number of licenses that can be used for AutoCAD 2009, 2008, 2007 or 2006. Note: Running an instance of any one of these versions will consume one license in the package. Running more than one version, even on the same machine, will consume more than one license in the package.

If you have a 2-license package for AutoCAD 2009, the following scenarios can be expected:

Two machines running AutoCAD 2009 will consume two licenses. No licenses will be available for other users.
The same machine running AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD 2009 will consume two licenses. No licenses will be available for other users.
The same machine running three instances of AutoCAD 2007 will consume one license. One license will be available for other users.

Now my question,

If I have Revit Architecture suite 2010 (under subscription) license on the license manager. I have a machine with Autocad 2010 and Revit Architecture 2010. If I start both products how many licenses will be consumed?

Same machine but now with Revit Architecture 2010 and Autocad 2009. How many licenses will be consumed now?

besides the answere could you post me a link to a pdf or so where this mechanism is explained?

Thanks a lot for your effort.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

To answer your question first, if your AutoCAD 2010 is from the Revit Suite (meaning that your vanilla AutoCAD was installed from Revit and not from it's own separate media) then it will take a Revit 2010 license. This means that on one machine, if you launch Revit 2010 and the AutoCAD 2010 from that suite, it will only use one (1) license.
If you launch Revit 2010 and AutoCAD 2009, it will consume two (2) licenses.
I do not have anything to post to explain it, but here is basically how it works:
If a user on one machine launches two versions of the product, it will use one license when a) The product is the same version (Revit 2010 and Revit 2010) b) The product is from the same installed suite (Revit 2010 and AutoCAD 2010 from Revit.)
If a user on one machine launches two versions of the product, it will use two licenses when a) The product is from different versions (Revit 2010 and AutoCAD 2010 installed from AutoCAD 2010 media) b) The products are from different release years (Revit 2010 and Revit 2009.)
The only time the product uses a single license for multiple products is when it is essentially the same product. Any difference in the installed license or license years will require an additional license to run.
Make sense?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report