Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License was not obtained Tried Maya 2014 educational license for Mac

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kevin.schaeken
13810 Views, 10 Replies

License was not obtained Tried Maya 2014 educational license for Mac

I'm a student trying to run Maya 2014 for school work and I've run into some problems. I previously had Maya 2011 and 2013 installed both with educational licenses. I tried to install Maya 2014 and these popups show up every time I try to activate it. I've tried deleted a bunch of files in various locations that have to do with Maya and reinstalling it again and still running into this issue.

From my research the problem is usually with server licenses but I'm not running a server license. It's just me. 

Anyone have suggestions?

Popup #1Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 10.02.18 AM.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi Kevin and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, install Maya 2014 Service Pack 3  following the instructions contained in the readme file which you can access on the same page as the Service Pack.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 11
dembkod
in reply to: kevin.schaeken

kevin.schaeken ,

Hello. Possibly deleting the env file will help you out. I have another post for you to review here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-was-not-obtained-Tried-Maya-2012-error-...

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 11

I got it to work. THANKS! I think the key was to only install the SP3. Previously I would go through the uninstall process deleting files all over my computer and then I would install the original Maya 2014 and then the SP3 right after it which never worked. Uninstalling Maya 2014 fully and then installing SP3 did the trick. Didn't know it was a full install 🙂

Thanks again.
Message 5 of 11
Intelmind

i ve same problem, why dont you just fix the main link where we download it, anyways what should i do can you just explain briefly?

Message 6 of 11
guerasim.o

I've got Student Licence and tried to install Autodesk Alias AutoStudio 2015 on Mac. While launching Maya I've got the same message. Is there any SPs for 2015 or what you recommend me to do?

Alias AutoStudio even didn't launch at all without any notifications.

I'va got OSX 10.8

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 11
lebronjacky
in reply to: guerasim.o

I got the same problem on Maya 2015 on mac O.S.X 10.9.5 from education account as well. I could not get the 3 year education licence but only for 30 days.

Please kindly help.

Message 8 of 11

Hi lebronjacky,

Welcome to the community.

I've checked your account and I've found your 3-years Student license for Autodesk Maya 2015. I sent you a Private Message with the license details, so you can convert your trial version into a Student version.

Simona Golisciano
Message 9 of 11

I am also having this identical issue with a FRESH install of Maya LT 2015.

I have tried all possible troubleshooting tips.

I have tried all versions of Maya 2015 LT -- Ext 1, Ext 1 sp 1, Ext 2. All the same issue.

Help!

Message 10 of 11

I have also installed Maya 2015 on Mac O.S.X 10.10.5 with a student account for a class.  I had the missing license message too.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Maya 2015 with Autodesk Maya 2015 Service Pack 3, but the program notifies me that I have only a 30 day trial though I signed up for the 3-year studentlicense.

How can I get the 3-year student license?

Thanks.

Message 11 of 11
lynn_zhang
in reply to: baronj9000

Hi @baronj9000 Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Have you got your student serial number for Maya 2014? If yes, you should be able to activate the trial version using your serial number. See Converting a Trial to a Paid License (applies to educational license as long as you have the serial number).

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report