Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ricci427
750 Views, 6 Replies

License Transfer Utility

Hello everyone,

I am running auto cad 2012LT, and my computer is due to be reformatted today due to multiple virus', I have read the instructions for using the LTU, so that I can simply transfer my license back to my own computer after it is fixed.

However, I click on the LTU tool in the autodesk file, and "NOTHING HAPPENS".  I have also read numerous postls that the tool simply doesnt work, has anyone had success at using this tool ?

Any help greatly appreicated, the clock is ticking till when the I.T. guy gets here, I have a couple hours to complete this when I came to the office today I thought it was going to be a quick fix.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: ricci427

The LTU stinks, it never worked.

Reactivate the license is no problem at all if it's still valid.

Message 3 of 7
ricci427
in reply to: Patchy

My license is still valid, though I know that they limit the number of times you can reactivate, I had that happen with 2007 LT, a lot of my work is online, and I pick up bugs in my comuter, I reformatted probably four times, and then they told me they wouldnt reactivate anymore.....

Its good business fo them to have a tool that doesnt work so eventually I have to buy new software.

Message 4 of 7
Patchy

Message 5 of 7
camilo.lemos

Hi ricci427,

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with the LTU. Looking at your product it seems that were not able to export the license. You say that nothing happened when you clicked on the LTU, if there are multiple viruses affecting your computer at the moment, they are likely the reason why the software doesn't open and gives you no error messages.

Your product has only ever been activated automatically once, which means that you should be able to activate it normally after the computer is formatted (all our licenses allow for 2 activations as per the EULA).

If this doesn't work, please do contact either me or my colleague philip.s via private message here on the forums with your serial number and request code (click on our screenname camilo.lemos or philip.s and then on Send this user a Private Message) and we will be happy to assist you with your re-activation:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 7

I'am having the same problem transfering AutoCAD 2012 LT license to a new computer. LTU keeps showing error reference 1, if i register online it keeps saying invalid serial. please help.

Message 7 of 7

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I tried searching for your serial number but I did not find any licenses registered to your email address. To verify your serial number, please contact our Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any other questions or concerns please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report