Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility wants me to correct system date/time

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AutoPete
2735 Views, 7 Replies

License Transfer Utility wants me to correct system date/time

I have been using the Autodesk Education Master Suite 2010 software as part of a site license at
the Australian National University for about a year now. Sometimes I work at home, and have
installed the software on my home pc as well, and I have used the License Transfer Utility without
problems. Last night however, I tried to import the license to my home pc, (after exporting it from
my work pc), but the Sign In button on the LTU was greyed out, and the message said: "License
Transfer is not available. To import a license you must correct the system date\time". The only
change to my pc has been the return to standard time, now that daylight saving has finished.
Besides, my pc at work has also changed back to standard time, and the LTU works there: I imported
the license back this morning. Do you have any suggestions what I might try to fix this problem? It
is not an activation issue, since the software has been activated. I look forward to a solution for this.

Thanks, Peter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hashim.mundol
in reply to: AutoPete

If you don't have any other autodesk products, you could delete the local copy of the license file and try to use LTU to import

files are

in win7/vista

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex*.data

OR

in XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex*.data

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
AutoPete

Thanks Hashim, I'l try that. The only programs I have installed are Inventor 2010 and Autocad 2010, both from the Master Suite 2010. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll try it tonight and post the result.

Cheers

Peter

Message 4 of 8
AutoPete

Hashim, it worked!. It's all good now. Thank you

Peter

Message 5 of 8
Tatsadasayago

I ran the LTU before changing motherboard, CPU, RAM and Vidcard. I got the same date/time error and the suggested fix worked perfectly!

Thanks!

Jim

Message 6 of 8
nhnty
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hello, I think have a similar problem. I exported my AutoCad student version license, but before I can print the window for record, program stoped working and shot down. Now when I open the LTU for Autocad 2016 on the same pc right after this (not trying to import it now, just want to print it) it gave the same warning. I would like to know if it will import my license properly after I reinstall my pc since the exportation went succesfully. I am just not sure if it is normal to see this window after that process. By the way I use another Autodesk product (3DsMax 2016 Student version). Thanks in advance!
Message 7 of 8
RSOUTHEE

Great, worked for me too, many thanks.

Message 8 of 8
larry

This worked for me too. Windows 10 pro, Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report