Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility questions.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
unisemal
319 Views, 1 Reply

License Transfer Utility questions.

Hi Support,

I would like to export the AutoCAD 2011 license to others PC by using the License Transfer Utility.

It says that one needs to sign in with an Autodesk user ID - but when the "Sign in" button is pressed you're never asked to sign in (or register) and I just get:

"Export request failed

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again (1)"

The numbers come off the packages, have been activated and such - but "try again" doesn't work either.

I have contacted our reseller - but no solutions have come from them either (except confirming that the used licenses are legal).

Kindly please advise.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
grace.liu
in reply to: unisemal

Hello mistech3 and welcome to the Community!

The error message of invalid serial number when you export the license usually means that the serial number was upgraded to new version, but the online license transfer only support for the current new version of the product. 

Could you please send me a Private Message (click on my grace.liu profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Product Key, I will help to check the serial number.

In addition to the license transfer, you also could use the product on new PC by the reactivation. Please notes that before you install the product on new PC , please uninstall the program from old PC first.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report