Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility - Misunderstood how License can be used

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
smoluck
401 Views, 2 Replies

License Transfer Utility - Misunderstood how License can be used

Hello,

I'm a Teacher at University in South--Korea and as I'm preparing my class, I've installed those product on both PC (one at home for preparing the class & a second one at the university office).

The bad news was that I've didn't expected that the license (Education) have a limit for the export license. Cause I've used the License Transfer Utility to export my license when I usualy get out of my home (PC name: CORSAIR) and go to the university to import the license to use it in my office ((PC name: FRANCK) and export it back again to continue to prepare the class at home (PC name: CORSAIR).

I've made that around 5 times, so that means around 10 licenses export procedure.

I was not expecting that the license can be set up on 2 different PC at the same time (is this possible, right ?).

So i want to find someone at Autodesk (France could be better) that can reset the Export Limit Count on all of my Education licensed product ?

PS: (you can remove the Maya 2014 License if you can, cause I didn't need it now)

Franck.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: smoluck

Hello Franck and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately at this time we are unable to reset license export limit counts. I also wanted to point out that the License Transfer Utility is really designed for permanent moves from one machine to the next and not the frequent back and forths that you describe above.

With that being said Education licenses are allowed to be installed on 1 machine at a time, whereas commercial licenses are permitted a secondary install and activation assuming that the 2 are used by the same user and not used concurrently. What the Education Community does provide however, is the ability to utilize more than one version of a specific product at a time, and therefore as an eligible member you could have Maya 2014 one one computer and Maya 2015 on another.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 3 of 3
smoluck
in reply to: smoluck

Thanks for your help Philip. Now those principle are more clear in my mind.

As i've used maya from 2004 to 2010 day to day in serious gaming industry, i must say that i respect programs and developpers. So you could be sure that my intention have always being respectable.
Thanks a lot for our help and precision.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report