Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility for AutoCad LT 2013 Not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ddworshak
236 Views, 1 Reply

License Transfer Utility for AutoCad LT 2013 Not working

I want to use my AutocadLT 2012 on another computer and when using the License Transfer Utility on the existing machine, an HP Desktop tower, running Windows Vista, I went into the utility, created an account with Autodesk, entered the serial number from the product case, then since I was not ready to do anything yet, I pressed "Close".

The result is that now the program loads, flashes a screen for about 0.1 seconds and dies.

Also the License Transfer Utility is no longer accessible.  The folders appear cleaned out.

MY SOFTWARE IS NOW TOTALLY Wiped - nothing works at all.  HELP!  Re-installing ends with the same result.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jessica.t
in reply to: ddworshak

Hi @ddworshak and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

According to our records your AutoCAD LT 2012 is registered and available for use. I have sent you a private message with the license information so that you can confirm you have the correct information.

Be sure to maintain the formatting when attempting to activate (no spaces, all capital letters):

Serial Number: xxx-xxxxxxx

Product Key: ABC1D

If the License Transfer Utility does not work, complete a fresh installation on the new machine by downloading AutoCAD LT 2012 from our Virtual Agent. If the problem persists please reply to this post with further details. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report