Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility Fails

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2417 Views, 5 Replies

License Transfer Utility Fails

I ran the License Transfer Utility ( LTU ) on a PC with AutoCad 2010 installed.  I created an account, logged in to that account, then exported the license.  The utility reported that the export was successfull.

I then installed AutoCad 2010, with the same serial number, on another machine.  I then used the LTU to import the license, logging in to the same account that I used to export the license.  The import failed.  I re-tried several times with no luck.  LTU reports two different errors:

--Error Reference 201 -- The system has encountered a problem

--Error Reference 45 -- No license has been exported ( it has ); serial number does not match ( it does ); or, license reserved under a different account ( it isn't ).

I then tried to import the license back to the computer from which I had exported it; the same two error occurred.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes.  Never use the LTU.  It is problematic.  That is my suggestion.  What is your reasoning for moving your license?  In most cases the need for the LTU is unnecessary. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I have the same problem. Our company has a single licence for Acad Electrical 2011 and move that licence between four computers. I have just exported the licence and tried importing it onto one of the other computers, but it says No licence has been exported. Can I reactivate the licence without contravening the licence agreement as it has already been activated once?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

If it is between four different users, I would not recommend it.  It seems as though your company would better benefit from sharing a network license seat rather than a single stand-alone.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Can anyone tell me what the 201 error is?

I am trying to eport a license to do some work on my home computer and have done so with no drama in the past but I am now getting this error.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

You are allowed an additional activation of your license for this purpose.  You might consider just activation both, per the EULA.  This would avoid any of the issues you are having with the LTU.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report