Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

dooodlebugg
Message 1 of 5 (3,110 Views)

License Transfer Utility exe won't open!!!

3110 Views, 4 Replies
11-23-2010 01:45 PM

Hi,

Today when I tried to use the License Transfer Utility program to import the license I had exported the day before, the exe wouldn't run.  I double-clicked on it and nothing happened.  I've tried reinstalling Max and uninstalling my anti-virus, but nothing seems to be working.

Does anyone have any idea why it would not be working?  I don't get a window or error message or anything.

Thanks!

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 5 (3,084 Views)

Re: License Transfer Utility exe won't open!!!

11-24-2010 01:34 AM in reply to: dooodlebugg

If the license was exported from the same computer and if you dont have any other Autodesk 2010/2011 products.

please try to delete the license files, then try the LTU.

XP->C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

win7/vista->C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

if this doesnt work, uninstall the product,delete the following following folder; then try reinstall

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

bradyr0720
Message 3 of 5 (2,972 Views)

12-12-2010 04:41 PM in reply to: dooodlebugg

I'm having the same problem with my LTU.    I can't even launch it.   I have my license on my machine (Inventor 2011)  and my dad just built me a new machine so I want to move it to that machine.    The app won't even launch.   ???  Help?

tsouza
Message 4 of 5 (2,845 Views)

01-03-2011 09:28 AM in reply to: dooodlebugg

Same thing, my License Transfer Utilty won't lanch. I used it on Thrusday Dec 30 to export my license and when I try it on Jan 2 it won't lanch. HELP

tsouza
Message 5 of 5 (2,843 Views)

01-03-2011 09:41 AM in reply to: tsouza

Deleting the licesnse files fixed it.,  Thanks:robottongue:

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.