Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility exe won't open!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dooodlebugg
6231 Views, 7 Replies

License Transfer Utility exe won't open!!!

Hi,

Today when I tried to use the License Transfer Utility program to import the license I had exported the day before, the exe wouldn't run.  I double-clicked on it and nothing happened.  I've tried reinstalling Max and uninstalling my anti-virus, but nothing seems to be working.

Does anyone have any idea why it would not be working?  I don't get a window or error message or anything.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hashim.mundol
in reply to: dooodlebugg

If the license was exported from the same computer and if you dont have any other Autodesk 2010/2011 products.

please try to delete the license files, then try the LTU.

XP->C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

win7/vista->C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

if this doesnt work, uninstall the product,delete the following following folder; then try reinstall

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
bradyr0720

I'm having the same problem with my LTU.    I can't even launch it.   I have my license on my machine (Inventor 2011)  and my dad just built me a new machine so I want to move it to that machine.    The app won't even launch.   ???  Help?

Message 4 of 8
tsouza

Same thing, my License Transfer Utilty won't lanch. I used it on Thrusday Dec 30 to export my license and when I try it on Jan 2 it won't lanch. HELP

Message 5 of 8
tsouza
in reply to: tsouza

Deleting the licesnse files fixed it.,  ThanksRobot tongue

Message 6 of 8
Slambo
in reply to: tsouza

I have now had this issue on 2 different computers, I tryed to Del the files mentioned and it did nothing. Now going to reinstall this was on inventor 2015. Autodesk please look into a better solution than this or figure out what causes the file to get corrupt?

Message 7 of 8
gwazeedgar
in reply to: bradyr0720

I am failing to launch the License Transfer Utility on my computer

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: gwazeedgar

@gwazeedgar 

Don't waste your time on the LTU..

What type of license do you have?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report