Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility does not work

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
skyisland1
620 Views, 5 Replies

License Transfer Utility does not work

My wife got a new computer, and we're trying to install AutoCAD LT 2013 on it. Since she also has the same product installed on her laptop, I need to run the License Transfer Utility on her old computer first. I've followed the instructions at this link (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-... but can't get past step 4 in the instructions. I enter her correct serial number and product key (from the product packaging), and I get a message that says The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1) Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request. So, why is Autodesk putting invalid serial numbers on their product packaging? I've noticed several other similar topics in this forum, none of which seem to have been answered. I don't see how people who use AutoCAD every day put up with the pathetic level of support for these products. Any open-source software project would have infinitely better and more responsive support.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
skyisland1
in reply to: skyisland1

The previous post was from my husband. I have used AutoCAD, and taught Intro to Drafting at the local community college. I am technically savvy. My husband has a PhD and uses highly sophisticated software. We are both frustrated with the lack of support for such EXPENSIVE software. All we can do is post to the forums? You never respond. I have a valid serial number. I use a laptop and a desktop at home. I got a new desktop, and cannot export the license according to instructions. PLEASE respond!

Message 3 of 6
grace.liu

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Andersen,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm so sorry that you encountered the issue. For the commercial product, the invalid serial number usually means that it has been upgraded to new version. But the online license transfer only support for the current new version of the product. Of course , you also could use the product in new PC by reactivation. Please fully uninstall the product from old PC and re-install in new PC, then reactivation. 

For the invalid serial number issue,  could you please send me a Private Message (click on my grace.liu profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Product Key, I will help to check.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Install and authorize your software on the new computer, skip the LTU as it fails sometimes.

Otherwise what was posted above May be true.
Message 5 of 6
skyisland1
in reply to: grace.liu

I am frustrated! I sent a private message as requested. I received no response. The first thing I tried was installing on my new computer. I got the "invalid serial number" error, and started looking for a solution. That is when I found the LTU. I get the same error. Autodesk is quite willing to take hundreds of dollars for my program, but I get better support from free software. This is pathetic.

Message 6 of 6
skyisland1
in reply to: pendean

NO!!! It does not work. I am screaming angry that the ONLY option for your over-priced software for support is through forums. I have been trying for days to get help with this problem, and I am being completely blown off. NO phone number? Seriously?  Would you please, please help me with this??? NOT NEXT YEAR?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report