Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
rth3775
487 Views, 2 Replies

License Transfer Issue

So my co-worker uninstall-ed his copy AutoCAD LT 2010 BEFORE running the License Transfer Utility and immediately installed his fresh new copy of 2011. We are now trying to install using his 2010 disk and serial number on a new users computer but are getting the "too many installations" error when trying to activate for the new user.

I have reinstalled 2010 on my co-workers machine in the hopes of being able to successfully export the old 2010 license for the new user, however the License Transfer Utility does NOT show up in the "Autodesk -> AutoCAD LT 2010" Start Menu Folder upon reinstallation!! It does show up in the 2011 Folder, but when I run it only the 2011 license appears.

So I launch 2010 (FYI: it does NOT prompt me to activate), go to ABOUT,click Licensing, and then click activate, it says it can not "continue managing the license unless I activate". I think I want to do this in order to export the license? So I continue with the activation process. I get the same "too many installations" error mentioned before. So using the Request Codes shown, I have now filled out the Support Form once and called the phone support two times, and NONE of the Activation Codes I have received in response to the Request Codes end up working for this Serial Number.

How can I get this 2010 Serial Number available again for installation on a new users computer? Can I get Autodesk to make this Serial Number available for reinstallation on a new users computer? Or can I get some help reactivating on the original installation so that I can try to export it properly for transfer?

Many thanks for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rth3775
in reply to: rth3775

Please note I have my OWN copy of 2010 associated with this username.

If you need it, I can give you the username associated with the the 2010 license I am requesting support for!

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: rth3775

You simply need to call the Autodesk Activation center at 1-800-551-1490 and give them your serial number and request code.  If the license is still valid, they should be able to assist you with activating this license on another machine. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report