Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License transfer from IDSP 2014 to IDSP 2013 ...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
it
Participant
398 Views, 2 Replies

License transfer from IDSP 2014 to IDSP 2013 ...

Hello. We have a user that needs to work between 2 offices. In his primary office he uses a standalone license of IDSP2014 on Windows 7 64bit.

In office 2 we cannot install IDSP2014 as it is 64bit only and pc does not support 64bit. Therefore, we installed 32bit IDSP2013 using same serial number but different product key. We are on active subscription so have previous use rights.

License transfer utility (LTU) on 32bit pc (office 2) will not import the license. Says serial numbers do not match.

I am presuming that transfer between version is not allowed. I have lodged a support request but thought I would put a message here also.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: it

yea it won't work

you are using 2 versions 2013 and 2014 of the software the serial number and product key will be different for each version

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
it
Participant
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the response DarrenP.

In the past we have been able to use latest (2014) serial number to activate previous (2013 or 2012) versions but with the appropriate product key for that version. Most recently, we did this with a Building Design Suite Premium network license. We had never owned this product until we purchased the 2014 version. Due to some issues with the 2014 version we were advised to install the 2013 version. As we did not have a serial number for 2013, we used the 2014 serial number.

In terms of license transfer, Support have provided the same response as yourself - cannot transfer to different version. However, they have suggested that we can legally install a second copy of the software provided it's use does not violate the license terms. Specifically:

BEGIN QUOTE ------

That said, I wish to share with you that if you are on Autodesk Subscription, then you can install a 2nd copy of the product on a different machine, as long as you fulfill the terms listed in Exhibit B Point (1) in the 2014 Platform License and Services Agreement (Platform LSA). That will eliminate the need to transfer the licenses to-and-fro between machines.

2014 Platform License and Services Agreement (Platform LSA)
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/2013-platform_lsa-english.pdf

2014 Suite License and Services Agreement (LSA)
http://download.autodesk.com/us/FY14/Suites/LSA/en-US/lsa.html

-------- END QUOTE

Thanks again DarrenP.

Cheers

Ian. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report