Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License system error [1.1.98]

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mdennis
6515 Views, 9 Replies

License system error [1.1.98]

After running fine for several months, a standalone setup has started returning the following error message:
A license system error has occurred. You must uninstall and reinstall this product to initialize the license management system.
License status [1.1.98]

I found this error in the knowledge base, but it only referred to trying to run AutoCAD in Windows diagnostic mode. I still tried the instructions, but to no avail. After not getting any support satisfaction from my vendor, I followed the knowledge base instructions for performing a complete uninstall, then doing a clean reinstall. Again, I still get the error message. Any thoughts on the matter?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: mdennis

Your Autodesk Licensing Service is probably not starting or getting blocked by something.

Might try a new vendor. Where do you live?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
mdennis

Our office is located in Morgantown, W.Va.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hi,

Has the Autodesk Licensing service start after you have the error.
Don't close the dialog box error.

--
Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

a écrit dans le message de news:
5118166@discussion.autodesk.com...
After running fine for several months, a standalone setup has started
returning the following error message:
A license system error has occurred. You must uninstall and reinstall this
product to initialize the license management system.
License status [1.1.98]

I found this error in the knowledge base, but it only referred to trying to
run AutoCAD in Windows diagnostic mode. I still tried the instructions, but
to no avail. After not getting any support satisfaction from my vendor, I
followed the knowledge base instructions for performing a complete
uninstall, then doing a clean reinstall. Again, I still get the error
message. Any thoughts on the matter?
Message 5 of 10
aviatedman

I haven't seen anyone give an actual solution to his problem. Why is that? I am having the exact same issue.
How do we fix the problem??

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: aviatedman

Wow, this is an old blast from the past.  Is your Autodesk license service running under your Windows services?  If not, start it manually.  Also, you didn't get a virus did you?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7282009&linkID=9240617

Check to make sure these exist in the registry and that you have access to them:

HKLM\Software\AutoDesk\Common Install\Shared Service\B2E1D000

Autodesk

Autodesk Licensing Service

AdskScSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\ ADSKSCVD

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8161387&linkID=9240617

If all else fails, try this:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4742093&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 10
aviatedman
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you SO much for the list of possible fixes! I want to go through these one by one until hopefully it gets fixed. But before I start, I'm not aware on how to manually start my license service. "...your Autodesk license service running under your Windows services? If not, start it manually" If you can show me that, I will continue on through the list of info and links you sent. me. -- ~David Harris
Message 8 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: aviatedman

The easiest way is just to go to Start > Run and type services.msc and hit OK.  That will open up your Windows Services.  At that point, just make sure that the Autodesk Licensing Service is started.  Then launch your product.  If it still fails, try the other list items.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
NHArchitect
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis:

I am trying to run ADT2007 in Windows XP compatibility mode on a laptop with a Windows 7 Pro operating system.  I have had a lot of trouble over the last 8 months with keeping it running RE the licensing.  Obviously, due to its age, it's been moved around numerous times when I've upgraded computers and worked on a PC at home or on a laptop traveling.  For a while I had the problem of needing to ask for a new activation number every couple of weeks.  Then I applied the hotfix: AdskBindHotfix.exe (exe - 474Kb) and cleaned out my temp files at the suggestion of an IT consultant. That worked for about 5 or 6 weeks.   

Now when I open ADT I VERY briefly see a window saying “verifying license” but it VERY quickly goes to a window with “Autocad Application has stopped working. Checking for a solution.” Then “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” However, I get no help from Windows, as one would expect.  While in safe mode I tried to open ADT2007. I got the message “A license system error has occurred. You must uninstall and reinstall this product to initialize the license management system. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator or authorized Autodesk product dealer. License status [1.1.98]"  I checked to see that the licensing service was running by typing "services.msc"  I tried it on manual and on automatic.  I tried it from "start" and from "stop."  same results.  I looked in the registry editor and I have 2 keys with different numbers than the one you gave in your post above (see attachments).  None of the links in your above post take me to anything that seems directly pertinent - I think the links are outdated?  Any ideas on what I can fix before I try a complete uninstall and reinstall?  thank you very much in advance.

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: NHArchitect

Unfortunately the licensing for products prior to Autodesk 2010 release simply do not work correctly on Windows 7 and higher.  It is unsupported and there is not really a permanent solution other than to install it on Windows XP or Windows XP mode.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report