Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License status [5.2.2]

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
MichielDuvekot3232
9131 Views, 30 Replies

License status [5.2.2]

This is the log file /tmp/Adlm.log it is created when Maya 2012 fails to launch and gives me License status [5.2.2]

887     2011/08/08      13:01:41        Reason=Fatal error887     2011/08/08      13:01:41        ComputerName= mbp
887     2011/08/08      13:01:41        OS= Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
887     2011/08/08      13:01:41        File=AdlmIntSATSLicense.cpp,Line=1492887     2011/08/08      13:01:41        AdlmIntError=37 [Error loading FLEXnet activation spec from trusted storage]887     2011/08/08      13:01:49        Reason=Fatal error887     2011/08/08      13:01:49        ComputerName= mbp
887     2011/08/08      13:01:49        OS= Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
887     2011/08/08      13:01:49        File=AdlmIntSATSLicense.cpp,Line=1278887     2011/08/08      13:01:49        AdlmIntError=38 [Error getting license usage and behavior]4309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        Reason=License repair4309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        ComputerName= mbp
4309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        OS= Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
4309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        ShortCode=UELWY9R6ETRHDAZGQ1V27XL5Y48F3K7Z4309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        LicenseStatus=5.2.24309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        ExpirationDate=2011/08/154309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        Usage=N/A4309    2011/08/08      20:49:59        Behavior=N/A

Could you please explain why Maya fails to launch? 

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Please uninstall Maya
delete following files manually

/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/.config/*.pit/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001
Install Maya, it should fix the license issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 31

It doesn't fix the issue and you didn't answer my question, which was:

Could you please explain why Maya fails to launch? 

Message 4 of 31

License is corrupt or license related files are corrupt.

can you post the latest log

and license.env file from Maya program folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 31

What I posted is the log file. The license.env is 

MAYA_LICENSE=Unlimited

MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=Standalone

Message 6 of 31

is it the log the same after deletion of the files and reinstall ?

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 31

You know as well as i do that the /tmp directory is erased after a reboot, so there is no new Adlm.log anymore. I think you're trying to answer a question I did not ask. I'm not interested in how to repair the license. I know how to do that. Your recommendation is incorrect. This is the 5th or so time my licenses break. It's incredibly annoying. I always end up needing to reactivate manually. But that was not the point of my question. 

I would like you (Autodesk) is to tell me why it is that Maya stops working, based on the information that is provided in the log file.

You said that the reason was "License is corrupt or license related files are corrupt."

That's awfully vague. It does not tell me what caused that to happen, nor does it tell me what I can do to prevent it from happening again. So, let me try to be more precise. When I wrote "why Maya fails" I want to know; can you tell from the log file what caused the corruption and which file got corruptued, so that I can take measures to prevent reoccurrence. 

Message 8 of 31

Sorry, I got the question wrong.

there are many reasons for corruption.

in the past certain SATA drives caused issues, this is not case with newer drivers/software

if you have bootcamp, it might cause similar issues.

or any software which tampers with anchor record (special sectors on the hard disk) would case similar issue.

http://www.thnkr.com/wiki/index.php?title=License_status_5.2.2

does this happen after a software crash

can you make sure your software is up to date (maya and macosx)

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 31

You may not have realized who I am when you quoted that article. Look again. This time look a little closer. See? Recognize my name there? Awesome. I'm impressed. 

Yes, crashing Maya breaks licenses. The licenses do not break everytime it crashes, there are certain conditions that need to be met. But this is reproducible. Even a "Force Quit" can, under the right circumstances break a license. 

Can I make sure my software id up to date? Maya 2012 is up to date. I can't run an up-to-date OS because you haven't certified 10.7 . Also, installing 10.7 involves repartitioning the drive, which is precisely the kind of thing that according to Autodesk's own FAQ is one of those things that break AdLM. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3970195 See under point 9. 

Message 10 of 31

Did you already open a case for this with Autodesk ?

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 31

Via my reseller, yes. Let's just say this is a long-term project. For a while now, I have tried to demonstrate  to you (Autodesk) that AdLM is deeply flawed, and that you (Autodesk) are unable to provide answers to the simplest questions regarding code that you (Autodesk) developed yourself. Autodesk has refused to acknowledge that there is even so much as a problem at all. For the most part, it's been blamed on me, for "pushing the limits". Well... 

So far, I have received from you (Autodesk) a number of improbable "solutions", including, I kid you not, not backing up my hard drive. None of the proposed solutions work. But I have still not received an answer to a fairly simple question:

What causes this and how do I stop this from happening?

I think I'm entitled to an answer to that question. I'm sure you  feel the same way.

I would suggest that once you (Autodesk) have confirmed the crashes as the cause and assuming that you (Autodesk) agree that crashing an application ought not break the license (that's a pretty straightforward requirement), you (Autodesk) fix the bug. 

Until then, we seem to agree  that AdLM stops working for no discernable reason and that Autodesk cannot recommend anything hat will remedy the situation.

Message 12 of 31

I understand your frustration, I will open a case for you and have some deal with directly. this doesnt seem to be common issue as I could only find 2 instances on google search, both are related your issue.

I will check the internal cases you opened and will have someone work with you. I am really sorry it took longer for a permenant solution.

When it comes to the technology behind the licensin it is not completely Autodesk developed one. we are implementing a 3rd party solutions used by many other software vendors.

This is not stated as excuse, but just clarfiy the point.

Unless a community member has similar situation, we will not continue posting this thread untill we find a solution working directly with you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 31

I still have not received a meaningful answer. Not here, not from support, not from QA, not from your developers. Who do I need to call to get you guys to DO something about this? 

Message 14 of 31

I still have not received an answer.

Message 15 of 31

My colleague is working on finding an answer for you, as you can see this is not a common issue with any other customer, so we would need more time find the cause.

Since my colleague is communicating directly on this, we will keep this thread for the final solution.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 31

I'm underwhelmed. Quote: "We are waiting for a response from the developers." That has been going on for over a month now. 

Message 17 of 31

Despite reassurances that "This is an active topic within the development team in order to determine cause and a path forward." I still have not received a solution or even so much as an answer to my questions, 

Message 18 of 31

I've sent an email to your CEO to tell him what I think of this level of service.

Message 19 of 31

It should come as no surprise then, that despite the fact that an Autodesk representative contacted me to "get something set up", a solution is still not available. I was also contacted on twitter by your "Global Web Support Content Manager" who recommended I consult THIS forum. I'm afraid he didn't quite appreciate just how useless that recommendation was. 

Message 20 of 31

Guess there is no REAL solution yet to this license error...?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report