Installation & Licensing

Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 1 of 3 (425 Views)
Accepted Solution

License server mac address has changed but I can't re-register it

425 Views, 2 Replies
01-06-2014 01:20 AM

During maintanance over the holidays, our IT dept. changed the mac address of the server we use for flexlm. ( I don't know, they may have upgraded the OS - though it's still at 2003.)

As a result our lic file is no longer valid and our networked software won't start up anymore.

Autodesk help etc said I should register again to get a fresh lic file with the new address... but the old server was never "unregistered" (or whatever the procedure is) and now registeronce.autodesk.com tells me:

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.

Is there some way to de-register the old address and get a new lic file for the new address?

Thank you, but your suggestions are what I described under "Autodesk help etc.".

Both those sites and my reseller suggested asking on this forum. Usually replies from Autodesk here are pretty prompt, but today no such luck.

So, instead our IT is just going to change the mac address back to the old one. (yes, they can do that... I didn't bother to ask why they didn't do that in the first place.)
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (397 Views)

Re: License server mac address has changed but I can't re-register it

01-06-2014 06:24 AM in reply to: acwtzwegers

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://www.autodesk.com/licensesupport or www.autodesk.com/register

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the mac address, server name

Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 3 of 3 (393 Views)

Re: License server mac address has changed but I can't re-register it

01-06-2014 07:18 AM in reply to: DarrenP
Thank you, but your suggestions are what I described under "Autodesk help etc.".

Both those sites and my reseller suggested asking on this forum. Usually replies from Autodesk here are pretty prompt, but today no such luck.

So, instead our IT is just going to change the mac address back to the old one. (yes, they can do that... I didn't bother to ask why they didn't do that in the first place.)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!