Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License server 32bit and 64bit on same machine

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
aidasalminas
813 Views, 10 Replies

License server 32bit and 64bit on same machine

Hi eweryone,

we have 2 network licenses of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012. There are users witch uses 32bit and 64bit OS, cal i place deploy for both type of OS on same machine ?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: aidasalminas

no you can't

its 64 bit for the 64 bit OS

32 bit for the 32 bit OS

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: aidasalminas

Darren is right.  You cannot install a 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine.  However, you can create just the deployment installation files and keep both installations on your single server.  But you will have to deploy to the correct machines. 

The license manager itself doesn't care which version is run as the license is platform independent. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 11
asquillacioti
in reply to: TravisNave

Can you explain to me how you load deployment installation files?

I am using Windows 7 64bit with Autocad 2012 32bit.

Message 5 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: asquillacioti

You cannot deploy 32-bit AutoCAD to a 64-bit workstation.  You will need to deploy the 64-bit installer. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 11
oknamo

Is Civil 3D network license for 32 bit different from 64 bit. We have a windows 2003 license server for Autocad civil 3D and we have Civl 3D 32bit software on several windows xp workstations, however some of us are getting windows 7 64bit OS with civil 3D 64 bit software installed. Do we need to have an another license server for this software to work?

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: oknamo

No.  The CPU architecture is irrelevant to licensing.  You're probably experiencing a different network error. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

autodesk doesn't sell their products that way

you should be fine with the license file that you currently have

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

what error are you getting?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
oknamo
in reply to: DarrenP

I was asked by the IT people If we need another license server. By opinons I gathered in this group we don't need to do anything but to install the software and make the connection with our existing license server.

Thanks everyone.

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: oknamo

That is the correct conclusion.  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report