Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Return Error [ 1.5.-124 ]

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1711 Views, 6 Replies

License Return Error [ 1.5.-124 ]

Help!
I have a user who has checked out a license of AC2006. It scheduled to be returned on Feb 18. Unfortunately he will be out of the country then. He is trying to return the license and check it put again, but he keeps getting the License Return Error dialogue box with the error code [1.5.-124] (see attached image).

I am running LMtools ver 10.1.5, he is running XPP SP2 with the firewall turned off. He is connected to the LAN at 100Mbps and can ping the LM with good speeds (1 ms or less). The LM shows him signed out (with a linger value). I have tried to force the return of the license, no luck. I rebooted the LM last night, no change. I can not think of anything else to try, short of uninstalling and reinstalling his ACAD.

I have no trouble checking out and returning a license.

Ideas anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd say let him keep it and have it expire on Feb 18th. At that point, it will no longer be an issue.

If you desperately need that license he is using, you can stop and restart the license server. It will reset any borrowed licenses and return them all to the pool. Keep in mind that the old license on his machine will still be checked out to him and will not be able to be returned. After it has expired, he will be able to check out and return licenses as normal.

Error -124 simply means that there was an error returning a borrowed license.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

That would be fine if the user was going to be in the office and had the ability to recheck out the license, but as I stated he will be out of the country. He will need to use ACAD during his absence. (I admit I did not say he will need autoCAD while away) . He is also going to be in a part of the world where any Internet or phone connections are unreliable. He will therefor not be able to grab another license if this one expires on him until his return a week later.
Hence the urgency to repair this problem.
As far as needing his license back, that is not an issue, even at our peek usage right now we have extra.

As far as resetting all checked out licenses, that would not be good either. This LM services our offices in Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.
Resetting them would hurt some of our east coast users who are in remote locations.

Any other Ideas?
Gerald
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Yes. One more idea. How long is he going to be out of the country AFTER February 18th?

I've had somebody in this situation before, and I was able to provide them a registry change that allowed them to run their AutoCAD as a 30-day trial while the license manager was unavailable.

If that doesn't sound like a good idea, run his clock forward to Feb 19th and expire the license. Stop and start the license server to clear it, and recheck it out for whenever he needs it for.

The keep alive function of AutoCAD will allow the program to stay active for about 6 minutes if the LM goes down. So don't worry about your other users elsewhere. Being it only takes a few seconds to stop and start the service, they will never know the difference.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

A few thoughts...

If he checked out the license while logged in as DOMAIN\USERNAME, then in
order to return the license, he has to be logged into windows exactly the
same way. If he logs in as LOCALPC\USERNAME, I don't think he would be
able to return the license. The borrowed license is stored per-user, not
per-machine.

If you have more than one license server, the return process could be
failing if it tries to return it to the wrong license server. Look up the
ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable on the Support site. There is
also a corresponding registry key with the same name... Just set BOTH of
them to the server that has him listed as Lingering.

If the user has decided that he really, really likes a slow system with
pop-up ads, it could be that he installed some spyware, which could be
preventing the license from being returned.

Finally, I guess you could go with the brute force method.... Just delete:
(on the client)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager\Borrow

When you start cad again, it wont know that you have a borrowed license, and
get a real license again. Then you should be able to re-borrow it.

Chris

wrote in message news:5074852@discussion.autodesk.com...
Yes. One more idea. How long is he going to be out of the country AFTER
February 18th?

I've had somebody in this situation before, and I was able to provide them a
registry change that allowed them to run their AutoCAD as a 30-day trial
while the license manager was unavailable.

If that doesn't sound like a good idea, run his clock forward to Feb 19th
and expire the license. Stop and start the license server to clear it, and
recheck it out for whenever he needs it for.

The keep alive function of AutoCAD will allow the program to stay active for
about 6 minutes if the LM goes down. So don't worry about your other users
elsewhere. Being it only takes a few seconds to stop and start the service,
they will never know the difference.
Message 6 of 7
d.soldi

You are right Chris.
I've found that PC name also is involved in borrowing.
I get the 1.5.-124 error after renaming PC and attempting to return the license.
Message 7 of 7
Verkim1302

You're Correct.

The solutuion was to update the License Manager Domain name and port in Environment Variables for Systems Variables. Most likely, the the new location was update remotely while the liecnse was borrowed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report