Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
dimeolas
345 Views, 6 Replies

License Question

Hi,

About o go back to school and interested in the great deal on Amazon for Creative Suitre. I know that as a student I can get it free for 3 years but want my own copy for after that time to keep learning.

http://www.amazon.com/Autodesk-Entertainment-Creation-Ultimate-Student/dp/B00DHY4TYY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_...

Heres the deal on amazon.It is billed as a student version but I wondered if it didnt require proof of being a student to activate/use. Upon emailing a few questions to Amazon they answered that you didnt have to be a student to activate and use. I did email Autodesk the question and my reply was to ask Amazon as it was their webpage. However, the vendor is Autodesk and they are the ones that will need to activate it for use. Still waiting on the followup answers from both sources.

So, does anyone know if indeed buying this from Amazon means that its ok that i`m not in school yet? Will be July or September before classes start and I dont want to wait. Anyone know if I buy this can it be returned if the info Amazon gave me is wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: dimeolas

autodesk offers it for free: http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
dimeolas
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks, I know they offer the new one for free for a student for three years. However after those three years I will need something to use still. This is why I want something with a perpetual license. What I need to know, hopefully from Autodesk is if Amazon Customer Service is correct and you dont need to be a student to use this software. Or will I be spending my moeny and then having to wait til July or September to activate it when I get in school. Would really like to get started on my own. And this is an awesome deal. Just hoping it doesnt end while i`m trying to get a definitive answer.

Thx

Scott

Message 4 of 7
pendean

If you are still a student after three years you get another license: the reason edu licenses are only for three years is to keep you current and up to date. Kind of a smart offer really.

If you want to spend money and get stuck with an old version at graduation you can, but that seems a waste of money to me.

Think about it.
Message 5 of 7
dimeolas
in reply to: pendean

I dont want to get stuck with no software, better older than none at all.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

You didn't even read my reply in full, did you. Try again, my first sentence: continued updates/upgrades if you're still in school.

Go ask Amazon if they require sutdent identification or not, they are a reseller that is not affiliated with Autodesk. I suspect you do, so my statement about you wasting money is even more valid.

OMG: did you not read the page you linked to? Scroll down, read the Q&A portion and then the reviews. That's funny 🙂

Message 7 of 7
dimeolas
in reply to: pendean

I read and understand your reply. my point being that on a 3 year license after its done you have no software to work on therefore I want to get my own perpetuallicense to keep polishing the craft with. The replies at the bottom of the page are in reply to my question so yea I read them. Which is why i`m being very cautious. But as autodesk says ask amazon...twice...and amazon swears its ok...givin it a shot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report